fake relic'd copy of that guitar of that guy

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

kim
[='±'=]

fake relic'd copy of that guitar of that guy

Post by kim »

wether the clientelle for this one are snobs just wanting it to have it, or desperate lefties having the luck to have some spare money and be jumping out the sofa shouting 'lefty ?? shortscale?? offset ?? humbuckk?? BOUND NECKZ??? next it will start raining hamburgers and beer ???

anyway (blurry) picturebomb. will see if i can get some stuff recorded tonight otherwise it'll be thursday.

lots to say, maybe i'm lazy, maybe i feel like it's all just babble ..prolly both.
i'm just enjoying this guitar. admitted i jumped on it as soon as i had a quick look at gear thinking 'okay haven't checked updates in like...over a year??..alright, let's see what's happening'..then i saw it..and laughed..then frowned, then someone said 'you know you'd love to have it, just do it'..and then i heard the same thing from youz, so i just did.
-can't imagine something like this popping up again soon..a good thing for haters, i kind of secretly hate it, when i go through the book i think 'ughh what the fuck have i/they (fender) done...but then i plug it in..and i forget all that nonsense..i like the feel and sound of this guitar, and something like this won't be affordable/available in 'my future' haha.

anyway blurry picturebomb. promise this thread needs audio so i will deliver AUDIO. asap. wish i had more free time. :(

edit, did an video
[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

edit : scanned the slilly booklet if any of yous want to read. just because hurb asked. :P

pdf lank : http://www.mediafire.com/?3xglmqomnlpk27g
Last edited by kim on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Love it. Can't believe Fender have put out 2 new lefty Fenders recently!
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

the mustangs coming out was a nice surprise too..even for non fans i can see many lefties being very interested in those features and let's not dick around about it...they could've sold them for more. because there just aren't that many alternatives if you always drool over anything that isn't a tele or strat or les paul or sg..*yawn*
i paid the same for my lefty american p bass, and seeing the detail this guitar has...but forgetting the looks...the sound is there too. perhaps not for everyone..but for the hours i've been playing it i'm finding it very versatile in sound. maybe not the most simple with all the controls and it can be in small things like getting a surf twang with the bridge pu open and the neck pu tone not closed but just a little bit open, then the toggle switch down and voila..nasal ..open the neck pu's tone and toggle the switch up...bassy.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Looks sweet Kim. It is one thing and one thing only a rocking rock guitar. It was modded like that way before Kurt. It's just a cool as fuck guitar.

That interview looks interesting could you scan it?
lorez

Post by lorez »

fucking love the pics Kim. looks briliiant. the neck plate is my favourite bit if I'm honest
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

I managed to read that Kurts tech is now making guitars

http://wireinstruments.com/index.html

Really ugly ones!
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

yeah and i can see why he bought it when he saw it. only he paid like 300 dollars back then. that is both funny and nauseating.

i'll try and scan the interview yes, not sure of our printer does actually lol i hope so.
tbh..i read it before i went to sleep last night...and i found it a bit like reading something i'd read before..all such obvious answers and a bit meek..and all praising that jag..not much about other guitars..which makes sense for fender marketing this.. but i've read better articles about bands and in depth looks at their gear, kinda seems too many secret agendas from fender. i'll scan it tho ! or bring it to bognor ! hahaha.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

Hurb wrote:I managed to read that Kurts tech is now making guitars

http://wireinstruments.com/index.html

Really ugly ones!

i was about to check that name this afternoon no joke, after i read the article yesterday.

ohfuck those things look cackkkkk.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

lorez wrote:fucking love the pics Kim. looks briliiant. the neck plate is my favourite bit if I'm honest

i like it too eeeehehehe. it has a bit of (speed aging fake relic) rust on it..and i admit i like that too. like on the strap buttons, tuners, controls plate etc

my favourite part is the butt. lol
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

HOORAYYYYY!!!!

So excited for you! I dont give no fuck about it being a signature or fake aged. That guitar is a monster.

Did it come with a record? The Cobain mustang is supposed to come with a 10"
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

thefuck it is !!??

no record, i would've preferred a record over a bundle of paper.
makes no sense. boo ! :P
gypsyseven

Post by gypsyseven »

Congrats Kim,

that´s such a beautiful guitar and i believe it sounds awesome!
[quote="Doog"]Another of life's great mysteries solved.

Next week: where does my room go when I turn off the lights?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I think if you go on the Fender site and input the serial code the first "however" many get a free Nirvana vinyl that's only available through this promo. Not sure if it is a promo for the Jaguar or mustang tho...

Great snag Kim :D
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Just checked, sadly it's the mustang :(

Lank
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Looks awesome Kimbot. Love all the eye candy you got with it too :D
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

ITS CALLED CASE CANDY YOU FUCKING EUROPEAN.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

Thomas wrote:I think if you go on the Fender site and input the serial code the first "however" many get a free Nirvana vinyl that's only available through this promo. Not sure if it is a promo for the Jaguar or mustang tho...

Great snag Kim :D

wtf fender !!! it says that on the kc mustangs and not on the jags !! wtfwtf..wanna enter contest. dammit.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

we fucking europeans ! i vvant vinyl candy not book candy.

also hurb, thurs i've a day off, will do an booklet scan then !!!!!

and audioooo !!!
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

aen wrote:ITS CALLED CASE CANDY YOU FUCKING EUROPEAN.
Thats what MEANT, F U!
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

F IT ALL, THERES NO RECORD IN THE BOCKS.