Would it be wrong?

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

h8mtv

Would it be wrong?

Post by h8mtv »

I have a Jagstang. I like the feel, sound, neck, etc. Hate the bridge humbucker, hate the switches, hate a Mustang bridge. I am working on another with a Musicmaster bridge, warmoth body, straight bridge humbucker, 3 way toggle in place of a tone pot. The allparts neck I bought, decal'd, and nitro'd has some fret issues that were not noticeable until I went to string it. The 3rd fret on under the low E isn't set properly and is trying to buckle over. The 11th fret is loose. I do not know how the hell I missed these things. I am very tempted to yank the neck off my Jagstang at least until I get the other necks issues resolved or get a replacement. I never play my jagstang, but I have kept it mostly for collectible value. Maybe I am just pissed at both allparts and myself and need to take a deep breath.
Haze

Post by Haze »

yep, Leo Fender was on to something...
its a bolt on neck. just swap necks and you'll have a BEAST jagstang.
h8mtv

Post by h8mtv »

Yeah, I can always swap back once I get the other necks issues resolved. Thanks Haze.