Electrical Audio Adventure NOW WITH SONDZ! KOOL!

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

avj
A Select Individual

Post by avj »

'Mazing pics. Sounds like a great time. Quite cool to have a glimpse at your complete setup these days, too.

Can't wait to hear the recordings.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

studio bonerz
sholkham

Post by sholkham »

looks awesome. How big is Electrical Audio?
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Epic journal with much anticipation!

Presenting coveting your fuzzies tracked to saturated tape and overall experience. Really looking forward to this monstrous disaster. :twisted:
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

this thread rules
dots wrote:incesticide
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

robroe wrote:this thread rules
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Fucking awesome pics, must've been fun as shit.

Fairly trainspotty geek-out moment here, but this Marshall cab under the blonde Fender:
► Show Spoiler
was used for clean tones by Ian Williams on Don Caballero's 2000 album "American Don" in Studio A... pics of those sessions are generally how I picture EA, so it's cool to see the same rugs and cabs 12 years on :D

[youtube][/youtube]
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

RESULTS!

http://soundcloud.com/dwarfcraft/nevercats-unmastered

NOTES:
0:00 Electronics and first pass of guitar were indeed recorded to tape at Electrical Audio. Rhythm track and ocatve jumping synth were done in reason, played back via itunes. bass bomb/lazer sounds are Little Phatty

0:28 Vocals were done back in Eau Claire, with a Rhode thing, I think. I have since recorded them again.

1:38 Dwarfcraft Pitch Grinder rears its ugly head. I did one pass of these in Electrical, but what you're hearing is all Schecter 12 string through the PG back in EC. Twin reverb, and Traynor bassmaster with a looper in front of each amp for maximum un-sync.

3:49 TELIGULA into Twin reverb. Also from Eau Claire. Bass was re-done in Eau Claire, I believe.

4:13 DRUMS from Electrical

4:46 all Eau Claire session vocals, bass, guitars. my guitars are Teligula through Eau Claire Thunder and Surrender Dorothy.

5:59 again, playing teligula through my pedals and a looper in front of a twin and a bassmaster for Un-sync bliss. Synth blast is Moog Minitaur

7:35 That new sound is Jaime on bass through a Dwarfcraft Zhago. Into this god awful peavey TNT and a silvertone guitar amp.

8:26 I made a special pedal whose only function is to cut the signal to both amps at the same time.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

Hey shortscale. You might like that song I just posted.
mastermorya

Post by mastermorya »

I like the cool space sounds. Seriously, that's a cool track and the production notes are fun and informative sir. I shared the post with my bandmate.
cobascis

Post by cobascis »

Sounds sweet aen. Really liked the vocals and great build up of tension throughout.
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

FANKS!
Looks like this track just got us a gig at the 7th st entry in Minneapolis. (which is a very "important" club)
Al_

Post by Al_ »

Yeah, I've been there. Sound is 'mazin. Have a great show!