M-Audio Venom Synth

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

lorez

M-Audio Venom Synth

Post by lorez »

After all the synth talk recently I was looking around at stuff and spotted this. Has anyone had any experience with it?

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Venom.html

[youtube][/youtube]

The features look brilliant for the price and sounds pretty good also
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
plaidbeer

Post by plaidbeer »

I only had a brief run-through at a GC. Didn't care for the factory presets (they leaned towards harsh/edgy techno-oriented sounds) but I didn't have a lot of time to tweak my own. Best advice I can give is to try one out in a shop and spend some time tweaking your own sounds to see if you like what you wind up with. Have you had a chance to try one out?

Btw, Nick from Sonicstate did the music for this song as part of DNA:
[youtube][/youtube]
plaidbeer

Post by plaidbeer »

While we're on the topic of synths, I was in GC today and played around with the humble microKorg (original, not the XL). Man, that little bugger is a lot of fun. Reminds of how much I used to like my MS2000. I'd be tempted to pick one up if I can find one super-cheap.
lorez

Post by lorez »

thanks plaid, i think I'll try and see if any of the local store have any in stock to have a go of and see what its like
plaidbeer

Post by plaidbeer »

Lorez, I was messing around with GarageBand tonight and thought about something--do you have a Mac and do you have GarageBand? Or if you have a PC, do you have a similar program with sounds?

The reason why I ask is that just through poking around, I found out that you can edit the effects on the sounds and even use plug-in effects on the sounds that come with GarageBand. I've been putting a lot of things through TC Electronic's M30 reverb plug-in (got it as a freebie during a promotion) as well as other effects and it sounded as good (and massive in some cases) as most VA's I've tried recently. I'm just using a ReMOTE SL61 as my controller and then software for the rest.
lorez

Post by lorez »

thanks for the tip plaidbeer, I don't have garageband other than on the ipad. i have been using another daw and will take a look at the VST instruments on there and see if there is anything I can do with those as well