NGD! 12 strang!

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

aen
Turdscreamer

NGD! 12 strang!

Post by aen »

Dudes. This thing is really fancy. I wrote like two songs on it yesterday. Even in standard tuning! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Schecter Stargazer 12.

It has coil taps on both pickups, but they are pretty crap. Super quiet and thin. BUt the "full blast" humbuckers sound really nice. OVerall it seems to be fairly bright, as you would imagine from all those extra high strings, so the coil tap seems wholly unnecessary.

I tracked like two minutes of it last night, but i was running through a pedal that sounds like calculators at war with Ataris, so it doesnt really count.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Do an demo....
XY
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

I really like the Stargazers, and really wanted the bass... but didn't want the active electronics.
They're a little like a poor-man's Rick 4000 series, kinda like how the Hellcat VI is a poor-man's Fender VI :) Not callin' 'em out on that, I've absolutely loved my Hellcat VI, but that's part of their appeal to me.

Definitely do an demo!
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
lorez

Post by lorez »

Sounds like a fun guitar. So what plans do you have for the tuning? Nashville or something less orthodox?
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

I'm leaving it standard for the moment, since Im already writIng riffs on it. Well see what they turn into...
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

dezb1 wrote:Do an demo....
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

I'm anti-12 strings as a rule, but think those are some of the handsomest production guitars around at the moment. Nice wide neck, so one day in the hypothetical future I can buy one and set it up as a six string?
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

benecol wrote:I can buy one and set it up as a six string?
Like that old dude on ebay with the beard, lumber shirt and large hands? He's always selling converted 7 string Schecters.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

News to me Francis - I know Inscho, late of this parish, did that with his Rick.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

12 strings are awesome. Unfornuately most people who use them feel they have to use them on every song and then it gets annoying. Same goes for alot of things really though.

There is something to a nice poppy 12 string riff though that always makes me smile.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I like electric 12-strings unless it's The Byrds, who all need crewcuts and jobs.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

benecol wrote:News to me Francis - I know Inscho, late of this parish, did that with his Rick.
Yeah, mdphillips1956, usually sells converted 7 strings..
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

Give it some guts! Put weird electronics in
Yell Like Hell
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

mickie08 wrote:12 strings are awesome. Unfornuately most people who use them feel they have to use them on every song and then it gets annoying. .
I agree for the most part. However, I think plenty of use of 12 string acoustic on rhythmic strumming parts is plenty good. To me, that's the whole point. Make a big fat rhythm part. My only real complaint is the fact that the word "rhythm" has no "e." IT'S HORSESHIT I TELL YOU!

Electric 12 string is neato, but can start to sound like 80s ballad chorus effect.
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
AaronGuitarDude

Post by AaronGuitarDude »

Fran wrote:
dezb1 wrote:Do an demo....
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

aen wrote:I'm leaving it standard for the moment, since Im already writIng riffs on it. Well see what they turn into...

Making a great band even more interesting, can't be a bad thing at all! Looking forward to an fuzzy demoz as well.

For pop-soaked me, after the honeymoon of non-stop teh berdz playing period was over I began to find the strength of the 12-string in making simple enhancements of parts of other arrangements, instead of an obstinent 24/7 "look and listen to my awesome Ric lol!!11" mess. While I agree with much of the consensus that doods who get stuck on the jangle mode oft times play nothing but the blasted thing, the role of a well-laid out line to do, say, a counter melody riff in a pre-chorus, doubling right-hand piano lines in a song opening, or even more subtly a chunk of almost-inaudible McGuinney arrpegios to brightly chime up and thicken one's final chorus of a song...This is where a 12-string electric can really make a song better (in many cases), rather than pooping sugar crystals all over an already perfect homemade baked pie on the holiday to the point of instant diabetes.
damienblair17

Post by damienblair17 »

I would love a Stargazer. I've never tried a 12 sting before so I don't know about how I'd get on with one, but the bass or the six string would be sweet to own. Very nice looking.
Doog wrote:The perfect marriage of Teh Kurdtz and Teh Durstz.
RUN AMOK!

KESSEL RUN!
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

A friend of mine plays a six-string Stargazer in his band, it sounds alright actually. Had no idea they did a 12 string version. I've been looking at picking one up at some point if only because it'd be something new I hadn't tried before. It has to be electric, of course, because acoustic guitars are for beardy fucks (as in bad beardy fucks, not good beardy fucks). I like the look of the Italia Rimini's just because they're at least available and look pretty damn cool. And, like Benecol sez, if I don't like it then I can just string it up as a six string like a fuckin' rebel, yo.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
blane

Post by blane »

ekwatts wrote: It has to be electric, of course, because acoustic guitars are for beardy fucks
so true
[youtube][/youtube]
Guitars:
2014 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2013 Gibson SG 61RI
1998 Paul Reed Smith CE22