Best recording program?

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

weeping_moon

Best recording program?

Post by weeping_moon »

Whats the best recording program to use when i want it to be simple?

I wanna record bass, 2 guitars, drums and vocals need at least 8 tracks or 16 so i can rec them on separate tracks.
And i need to hear the track i recorded before so i can rec on the next track so it gets in sync.

Advice?
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Any multi-track recording software can do all of that. It's how much you want to do other than that that matters. Do you want to add anything MIDI based like software synths? Edit audio for video? What about interface hardware? It really is a question of 'the best to do what?'. Your question at the moment is a little like 'what's the best guitar to play in a band setup with two guitars, bass and drums.' Almost anything will do but it's the smaller details that decide it for you.

Probably the best bet is to just get something like Reaper and keep it simple.
Shabba.
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

James wrote:Any multi-track recording software can do all of that. It's how much you want to do other than that that matters. Do you want to add anything MIDI based like software synths? Edit audio for video? What about interface hardware? It really is a question of 'the best to do what?'. Your question at the moment is a little like 'what's the best guitar to play in a band setup with two guitars, bass and drums.' Almost anything will do but it's the smaller details that decide it for you.

Probably the best bet is to just get something like Reaper and keep it simple.
I dont need any midi based sounds or something like that.
Just want to play all instruments myself and record it track for track.
lorez

Post by lorez »

As James says Reaper is great and free and will do more than enough for you. What interface do you have? This will be your main limitation at the moment, especially with recording drums.
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

lorez wrote:As James says Reaper is great and free and will do more than enough for you. What interface do you have? This will be your main limitation at the moment, especially with recording drums.
Dont know what you mean by interface?

My tools: Just orded a behringer xenyx x2442 usb mixerbord for recording and a electric drum set.
lorez

Post by lorez »

That's what I meant and it should do the job nicely
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

lorez wrote:That's what I meant and it should do the job nicely
yep. im just waiting for my things now.
Dokterrock

Post by Dokterrock »

Any luck?
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

Dokterrock wrote:Any luck?
yep. got my things for a week ago. started to record some tracks i done for 9 years.
i used the magix audio studio 7 on my very old computer and it works great. the sound is like you should have been into a real studio.
its hard to first record a guitar part, then bass part, drum beat, and vocals & other guitar stuff solo etc. its like a mixer blending into your head. haha