holey boards pedal boards?

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

crumpler

holey boards pedal boards?

Post by crumpler »

does anyone one have/use these?
have you seen them?

Is it just me, or is dude selling a trimmed out, hole filled $20 piece of plywood for $90-$120, plus shipping?
Am I missing something, because if not, I'm going to set my dad up with some patterns out in the garage, my sister up on eBay and start a ZOMG pedal board company...
$25 in material (board, four screws, five rubber feet), 2 hours labor...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... Categories

http://www.chemistrydesignwerks.com/
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

It seems like this is a pedal board for someone who is afraid to stick velcro on the bottom of the pedals and wants to keep them pretty. I don't know how a zip tie is more secure than velcro.

I give the designer props for trying something new. If you are a skater who plays in a band and likes waffle cones then this is the perfect pedalboard.

I just think holding down all the pedals with zip ties looks tacky compared to the cleaner look you get with velcro.

I will stick with my Pedaltrains.
Last edited by taylornutt on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

The cost to make a plastic pedal board at a factory staffed by Asian children can't be too high either.
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
rps-10

Post by rps-10 »

It's going to weight a tonne with pedals strapped to it.

Like how he makes a slight dig at Throne in his listing :lol:

ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

OH GOD DON'T LET PEDALS YOU'RE GOING TO STEP ON WITH YOUR SHITTY TRAINERS GET ALL GUMMED UP BY VELCRO ADHESIVE THE HORROR
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Face it, it's for pedalnerds who buy the latest over-hyped boutique nonsense, keep it for about a week, realise it doesn't make them any less of a crummy guitar player and then flip it.

No point in hurting the resale value of an AS NEW L@@K pedal with adhesives and such.
holyCATS1415

Post by holyCATS1415 »

seems like it would be alright (looks heavy), but i own a drill press and a band saw, so i would definitely make my own out of scrap wood before paying money for something like this.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

just buy a sheet of pegboard. look, I just found some for $6

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260 ... 3029985302
cogito ergo sum...thing or other...
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Anyone else notice the bag for the pedal board is as much as the pedal board itself?

http://www.chemistrydesignwerks.com/buycontact.html
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I kind of like the idea, although I don't think I'd pay as much as he's charging (although in fairness it's not something I could DIY - I'm pretty lacking in those skills).
harrison

Post by harrison »

Kind of weird yeah, and definitely more than a little DIY going on there but I really like using zip ties instead of velcro. Not for snobbery but for the convenience of changing a board around and not needing more velcro. And it is also gravity proof, which velcro often is not. Still I don't understand the price for some holey ply wood.
Bill Oakley

Post by Bill Oakley »

Yeah, those are a little overpriced and yes, they are probably a little heavy just by themselves let alone with some pedals on there.
Very DIYable with a few proper tools. I half expected them to be made out of an expensive wood for that price.

I used to use velcro and my wah always fell off in transit and took out a few of my other pedals. I just drilled a few holes and cable tied everything down. Much more secure so I'm for cable ties. If you got creative, you could probably loosen most pedal bottom plates and run the cable tie between the pedal body and bottom plate if you didn't like the look of cable ties for a more invisible look.

The finishing/sanding looks pretty good though. There could be a lot of work in just sanding alone. A router would make quick work of cutting it out and rounding the edges though depending on the thickness of the wood. I could easily build one of those for a lot less and I could pump a few of them out pretty fast with some proper jigs. Really just not my cup o' tea though.
crumpler

Post by crumpler »

Yeah, I'm going to make one mehself and see how it turns out...
Bill Oakley

Post by Bill Oakley »

Please share your results!!
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

I think a pedaltrain style board is much neater.... and you can make one of these from some planks of timber and some paint.

Then use some old bicycle chain links for attaching to the board. Much better in my opinion. Bespoke for you !! ...and power supply mounted underneath.

I made this and have a nice Gator case to carry them in.

Pedals are square, pedalboards should be square.... otherwise you're using excess material applying size and weight.