Staining a guitar

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

HawaiianDiscoBollocks

Staining a guitar

Post by HawaiianDiscoBollocks »

Basically I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about staining my guitar, nothing too fancy, just a simple D.I.Y. way of doing it that looks half decent. A lot of the different stuff I read ends up leaving me confused. I appreciate any tips anybody has to offer.
Aug
Best Poster 2010

Post by Aug »

HawaiianDiscoBollocks

Ah, thanks. I'll check it out.
HawaiianDiscoBollocks

Actually Aug, yer just the guy I want to talk to. I have a question, it's not a request for a project or anything, but I was just wondering if you are able to do those old fender blonde stlye finishes that are painted on real thin, like on the early telecasters where you can see the wood grain through and it scrapes off kinda easy? I don't plan on having it done for a long time though, but I thought it would look pretty cool on my Squier 51 to make it look even more like a 51 p bass.
Aug
Best Poster 2010

Post by Aug »

Well, my next guitar build will prolly be the tele with body binding. If so, I think I may do the transparent blonde finish that you are talking about. Once I know more, I'll let you know.
HawaiianDiscoBollocks

Cool, thanks.