Moderated By: mods

othomas2

Pitchblack Poly

Post by othomas2 »

ooh nice !!

aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

That would be great if you could turn six tuning pegs at a time, I guess.
When those ads say "Still tuning one string at a time?"
I say, "Well, yeah, I've only got the two hands."

Polyphonic tuner is the dopiest thing I've ever seen.

It extra extra pisses me off from a business standpoint, because I make useful cool things, and am on foodstamps, and these fucks are going to make more money on this useless shit brick in a month than I will on a dozen pedals in a year.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

I don't really see the need for a polyphonic tuner either, especially since they're more expensive. I just sold my old rack mount tuner from my rig and bought the regular korg pitchblack tuner and I love it though.
riotshield

Post by riotshield »

Well, the good thing about a polyphonic tuner, at least to my eyes, is that you can check if the guitar is in tune just by one strum instead of checking one by one something that obviously is only important when you play live but still is quite useful. I cannot justify the money but I dont find it odd that someone what is looking to buy a tuner will consider getting a polyphonic one.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

aen wrote:That would be great if you could turn six tuning pegs at a time, I guess.
When those ads say "Still tuning one string at a time?"
I say, "Well, yeah, I've only got the two hands."

Polyphonic tuner is the dopiest thing I've ever seen.

It extra extra pisses me off from a business standpoint, because I make useful cool things, and am on foodstamps, and these fucks are going to make more money on this useless shit brick in a month than I will on a dozen pedals in a year.
Point missed. It's faster and better. You strum all the strings and then jump from peg to peg and make adjustments as necessary as they continue to ring out. It's a million times faster than tuning one string at a time (which involves finding the out-of-tune ones individually), especially really quick between songs. It takes muting other strings to check a single one out of the equation, making the whole process move along smoother, especially on trem-equipped guitars where the heavier strings affect the other ones. I only have the iPhone app version of the polytune and it's still the niftiest and handiest tuner I've ever used out of TU-12H, korg and Fender pedals, etc... a polyphonic pedal with an input and mute = ideal stage tuner. And then it still allows you to check individually/chromatically for alternate tunings. It does everything the others do and a big useful thing which they don't, probably why it costs more.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"