Teh Kurtdzz Competition Mustang 1993

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

murdok

Teh Kurtdzz Competition Mustang 1993

Post by murdok »

Competition Mustang, there it is and its late 1993. This is after the Cow Palace show, which was actually the last time he was seen playing it, for one song "Dumb"

Johnny Noir

Post by Johnny Noir »

at 0:27

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by Johnny Noir on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Noir

Post by Johnny Noir »

isn't the prototype of the jagstang?

[youtube][/youtube]
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

first link is borked link
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Haha, I was JUST watching the cow palace show last night as I thought it was also the last appearance of his Jaguar (always remembered it with a black bridge position JB for that show instead of a Super Distortion). That shit Hole thread reminded me of it.

I remember going to a computer swapmeet at the cow palace with my dad when I was a kid. All those dudes looked like the '70s.
Johnny Noir wrote:isn't the prototype of the jagstang?
Yep, with a pickguard that actually fits it. I think they just used a Mustang shape for the fiesta one he never received, which is what the production models were based on.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

robroe wrote:first link is borked link
relocated
murdok

Post by murdok »

Johnny Noir wrote: Yep, with a pickguard that actually fits it. I think they just used a Mustang shape for the fiesta one he never received, which is what the production models were based on.

This times a million. The original blue one is a different, much cooler shape than the red one, which is what all of our jagstangs are based on.
weeping_moon

Re: Teh Kurtdzz Competition Mustang 1993

Post by weeping_moon »

If thats a compstang where are the stripes? I think that the red one i just exactly the same one as the sonic blue. This was hes dakota red one, exactly the same one as he played at ballrom roseland 93. But had a red pickguard on it with a jb jr in it. Then Ernie moded it with a white pickguard and put a fullsize jb humbucker in it.

Correct me if im wrong.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Anyone else notice the Blue Mustang hanging from the mannequin?
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

Sorry for my post. I was not thinking. You was talking about the lpb mustang not the red one.
moore65

Post by moore65 »

Noirie. wrote:Anyone else notice the Blue Mustang hanging from the mannequin?
And his LPB Mustang, Univox's, and maybe his Mosrite? in the lower left corner
Bronco Bass
Squier Strat w/Hot Rails,
flea market nylon classical,
Ibanez bass w/Quarter Pounder X 2
Union Jack DC Epiphone LP
Darth Stang

Post by Darth Stang »

Never saw this one before. The Comp Stang must have been there for the whole first leg of the US tour.
Mad-Mike

Post by Mad-Mike »

I like trying to pick out stuff like this on the quick....

Looking at that rack in the first pic - I can see...

- A natuial Mosrite copy (Univox Phase 4?) with a black pickguard, which I've never seen before ever used by Kurt, so I dunno....chances are he had more guitars than we knew about.
- Next one over is the white Univox Phase 4 or a similar one to the one from the Heart Shaped Box video
- Next over looks to indeed by the Mosrite Gospel leaning to it's side so it looks like the neck pickup may be angled - I heard aaround this time Courtney was talking to Dana Moseley about having one made in a "cool color" and left handed
- Next to that is a brownish angular guitar so I surmise that's probably Kurt's Jaguar
- The Compstang is in front of that

Can't tell any further than that

2nd Pic

- most obvious on the rack is the red 93' Mustang out front
- The natural headstock in back is a Univox - if it were a mosrite, it'd have a round sun thing on it to kick off the logo, and I THINK the Gospels had a similar decal to the Mosrites. Also, the white truss rod cover gives it away.
- The headstock of course between the 2 necks in the rack out front is the Compstang (red square)
- Next to the red Mustang in the frontmost rack is what I surmise is the Martin D-18E, the neck looks wide enough to be that one

The last three are a bit harder to make out....the Martin's body is blocking the view.....

- The two necks after the Martin look like they are Strats, or one could be a Mustang and one could be a Strat, or they are both end-of-show Strats for Smashing. Going off fretboards though, the front might be a Strat (Pao Ferro - cheaper brighter fretboard wood than Rosewood), and behind that could be the Mustang (darker wood, the neck looks skinnier too). Behind those is another Mosrite, probably the brown-sunburst one from SNL with the standard humbuckers in it.
It's Me
Darth Stang

Post by Darth Stang »

they must have been travelling with a ton of guitars for the US leg and never used them. he had the 93 telecaster and jagstang by that point too. Of course there may be shows never filmed or photograph where he used a univox for a song or two of the 4 or 5 pictured there, but its unlikely. and they must have had 3 to 6 strats with them too.

they must have only taken a few guitars with them to europe. He pretty much used just the two blue stangs and the jagstang for the entire tour. The red stang was only used twice, once for NPA and for one song late in Feb.