Jazz Bass Refin and project

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

metalhead384

Jazz Bass Refin and project

Post by metalhead384 »

For my birthday last year the drummer of my band gave me his old squier jazz bass cus i liked the way it looked, feeled, sounded, and wanted a bass. HOWEVER it had its problems
1- LOTS of stratches and dings,(you dont wanna see picts trust me)
2- Broken Volume pot for the neck pickup
3- really high action.

What i plan on doing is refinishing it to surf green, which i will be doing hopefully if my friends plans work out so he can help me sand it down, primer it, and paint it. Then im gonna get a new guitar fetish bridge(http://www.guitarfetish.com/Oversized-T ... p_578.html) white strat knobs, new pots for the volume and tone, new imput jack, pearloid pickgaurd, a thumb rest and a racing stripe, and obviously new strings. Im debating wether or not to get a fender logo, cus i kindalike the way the neck looks now.ill post picts tomorow as im to tired to do anything after a long day of work and such.

I would like some feedback on how to do the racing stripe, ive seen some people use like a sticker kinda one, and i may end up using that if possible, and a wiring diagram for a standard jazz bass would be nice if someone could give me a link to that.
Thanks and again picts tomorow of the old way it looked and what ive done so far.
Mattsican

Re: Jazz Bass Refin and project

Post by Mattsican »

[youtube][/youtube]
facebook.com/Steelscape
facebook.com/GetToMars
Spitfire7

Post by Spitfire7 »

Dont forget to throw on a nice vintage looking tortoise shell pick guard on there. I love my Sunburst with red tort Jazz bass. looks great.

metalhead384

Post by metalhead384 »

yeah i made a new topic for this as an update with pics, also called my jazz bass project if you guys would like an update
Spitfire7

Post by Spitfire7 »

Post a link buddy cant wait to see it.