Recycling an amp

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

mkt3000

Recycling an amp

Post by mkt3000 »

I recently bought (and sold) a rehoused Fender Pro Junior. It was turned into a Fender Pro Senior, by putting the chassis into an empty Blues Jr. cab, and using the Blues Jr's 12" speaker. It was cool, but now it's gone.

However, when I bought it, the seller included the original Pro Junior cab. The tolex was beat up, and the MDF panels were falling apart, so it had little resale value.

So I took off the front grille, glued the Pro Junior backplate on, sprayed the inside of the panels with black lacquer (except for the backplate), and turned it into a little bookshelf, to put on a desk. On Monday it's going right into my office.

But for now, here are pics! Not the most original thing, but i like it :)

10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
HNB

Post by HNB »

Looks cool!
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

agreed!
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
FredJr

Post by FredJr »

Very original idea - Love the idea of recycling rather than dumping :D
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

perfect. It's charming
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))
StevePirates

Post by StevePirates »

Now that I'm no longer gigging out (as in my last gig was 6 years ago), I've been wondering what to do with my now ridiculously overpowered 4x12 homebrew cab. This is a great idea. Maybe I'll convert it to 2x12 on the top and throw a bookcase underneath. Thanks for the inspiration.
Hell is other people.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I've done a similar thing with an old bass amp, except I put hinges on the speaker so that it can open and close. The plan was always to use it as a drinks cabinet.

Must get that out again.
blane

Post by blane »

In college that no logo book was in the repair area of the library. The entire library staff tried to keep me from the woman who repaired books. They kept wanting to take my phone number and get back to me. They would tell me I wasn't allowed to talk to the person who fixes books. So I walked through the staff only door and just kept asking for the book repair lady. She thought it was silly as shit people would let me talk to her. She fixed the book that day for me because asked.

I liked the book.
Guitars:
2014 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2013 Gibson SG 61RI
1998 Paul Reed Smith CE22
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

i like it!
i did something similier with an old console stereo i had, i only used the record player out of, so i took one side of the speakers out to put in my reciever, tape player, and cd player. on the other side i put in my vcr, dcd player, and nintento.
kinda wish i still had it, especially since it was a MOTEROLLA consoler stereo, the record player was actually ajustable, im not sure if that is odd or not, but i had to listen to a cd, and a record of the same song, and then ajust this lil screw i found to get the record player up to speed.
holyCATS1415

Post by holyCATS1415 »

Nice! I did that with and old poorly built 215 cab that I made in highschool. It works a log better as a bookshelf than it ever did as a cabinet haha.
zastruga

Post by zastruga »

Rad! Love it
jamba72

Post by jamba72 »

cool..
you could also build a HackIntosh in it ..

NickD

Post by NickD »

Necropost!
zastruga

Post by zastruga »

NickD wrote:Necropost!
Oops! Didn't realize stuff on the front page was that old!