bullet jag projector

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

should i make this

yes
15%
no
85%

Total votes: 13
Aug
Best Poster 2010

Post by Aug »

na...prolly not.
landon

Post by landon »

Nick wrote:Save your money. Buy a better strat, like a 60's reissue, and keep your designs on photoshop. We've all done em when we were your age...just because you can mix and match guitars on photoshop doesn't mean it'll make a good guitar if you actually build it.

i already have the bullet body . im realy going to go thru with this
landon

Post by landon »

Aug wrote:na...prolly not.

im actually thinkin about trying this one out myself .

if i paid you to make a guard would you at least do that ?
Aug
Best Poster 2010

Post by Aug »

landon wrote:
Nick wrote:Save your money. Buy a better strat, like a 60's reissue, and keep your designs on photoshop. We've all done em when we were your age...just because you can mix and match guitars on photoshop doesn't mean it'll make a good guitar if you actually build it.

i already have the bullet body . im realy going to go thru with this
good for you.
Aug
Best Poster 2010

Post by Aug »

landon wrote:

of course! :D
luke

Post by luke »

I hope you go for the vintage tumeric finish, that's hawt dude.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Out of your 3 landon i would go with number 2, although fitting that trem is gonna mean some filling etc.

My project idea was influenced by a 30 quid loaded Strat body on ebay. I intended to keep it budget orientated, trial & error with minimal work. That's why i'm keeping the bottom half of the guitar mostly strat, a Jazzy style scratchy and a few Jag features like the chrome control 3 switch plate.

Anyway, keep us posted.
landon

Post by landon »

Malik wrote:I hope you go for the vintage tumeric finish, that's hawt dude.

haahaha . nah that was a BIG NO NO . all nover touch the shit again . i went buck wild with that shit .
landon

Post by landon »

im almost actually just condsidering throwing a strat bridge on there or even better maybe a duo three saddle bridge . like the ones on the mim duos . i always liked those . nice and easy and fast . more sustain as well .

does any one know where i can get a mim duo bridge? and would that work ok with my idea ?

pretty much i just want a jazzy style pg . with control plates of course :wink: and any kind of bridge should be ok .

what pick up set up should i throw in ?

jazzy pickups?
hums?
strat pickups?
duncan s?

ideas would be appreciated .

thanks guys .
landon

Post by landon »

Aug wrote:
landon wrote:

of course! :D

how would i go about doing this ? how would i know what size guard to have you build and all that jazz .

i was actually thinking about just filling the whole mother fucker in . and just slapping a jazzy pg on would that work or not? and then route the necesacry routes . but then if i did so it wouldent fit right to another bridge :?

. show me some guideince great aug .

and oh yeah . what can i fill the swiming pool route in with and be able to re route ?

any help will be great . thanks again guys .
luke

Post by luke »

Dude if you seriously have no idea how to do things such as that, I suggest you don't bother wrecking a guitar.
landon

Post by landon »

well its dosent hurt to learn .

if i do it the right way it will turn out fine .

i just need a little guidnce .

but i want to test my ability .

the shit o caster was meant to be fucked up .

im going to do this one right .
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Try google for parts but i'll tell you now they are'nt cheap. Even on ebay they bullshit you that certain parts are off a '63 Jag and all that twaddle.
luke

Post by luke »

landon wrote:well its dosent hurt to learn .
Yes but, you're the guy who was going to go into Radioshack to buy a gas welder to fix your wires. If you tried learning with that, you'd beg to differ.
landon

Post by landon »

im actually on the idea of screwing this project and just saving up for a godamn jaguar.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

landon wrote:im actually on the idea of screwing this project and just saving up for a godamn jaguar.
much smarter
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Very trew idea. Trust me, buying an awesome quality guitar is much more rewarding than butchering a cheapo guitar into some frankenstein hybrid that still plays like shit.

I suggest if you want to learn guitar modding, start with the simple stuff, like soldering and changing pickups. For the kind of sound you're probably going for, I would recommend getting a single coil sized humbucker and putting it in the bridge position of that strat. Then maybe upgrading the pots and other pickups. Before you go into crazy switching and stuff, keep it all simple, and follow the diagrams exactly, maybe watch the videos they have on seymour duncan's website.

I would suggest doing that and working your way up little by little from there. You'll learn more from doing projects you'll actually be able to complete with little to no experience, than you will be giving up halfway because what you're trying to do seems impossible when you're actually doing it.
landon

Post by landon »

yes very true .

ive got the aug stang . so im good for awhile .
luke

Post by luke »

Hey, I just found a Bullet Jag Projector:

landon

Post by landon »

i tried a 64 jag at guitar center it was pretty nice . but the mute was all gross and crusty and the pickguard was mint and it looked farely new . and there trying to pull it off to be a fucking orig 64 pg . it was finished in daphine blue or some other blue i think sea foam im not shure though . and the finish had only a few slight check marks . and some wear on the contor .

i liked the way it played but i think im going to have to get some kind of gibson sg next . cause i feel in love with a 62 sg today the thing played so smoothly .