Custom Waterslide Decals

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

HNB

Custom Waterslide Decals

Post by HNB »

I have been having some fun making waterslide decals for my projects that are custom made and had a little interest from people on getting a custom decal made for their own guitar project. Below are some photoshop images I put together based off of popular designs. All the text (including offset contour body etc) are able to be moved, font changed, words changed, outlined, etc. I have these three basic templates made, so the cost of altering these are lower than anything that would be made from scratch. I will break down costs under the sample lower resolution images. (Printed ones show the final version which are high resolution and nice and clear.)

Curved Swirl style logo.

swirl-curve by Eleventh Division LLC, on Flickr

Curved Bold style logo.

curve-logo by Eleventh Division LLC, on Flickr

Flat style logo.

straight by Eleventh Division LLC, on Flickr

Printed out on clear waterslide paper. (The white would end up being your background color.)

full page by Eleventh Division LLC, on Flickr

Price:
For edits on the templates above, it would be a flat $10 shipped for a half page (around six decals) or $20 shipped for a full page of decals. Of course if you need international shipping, the cost would be whatever the difference is to get it to you. You can see about how much I can fit on a full page in my image above.

Custom Logo's:
For custom designs/layouts I would charge $10/hour plus the cost above. Normally it doesn't take me long at all to get something done, but if your design is large or very complex, it seemed fair to me to get about minimum wage putting your layout together with color options and layout you want. On average I can make something from scratch in an hour if it is pretty simple like the ones above.

Feel free to PM me with questions. I will post finished work in this thread too as I get projects completed. Good news is if/as I get new layouts from doing work for people, I can post the layout option above and the cost would drop to the standard altering a layout rate.

Construction time would depend on supply stock and shipping time. I would order the paper if I don't have any in stock once payment is received and give updates along the way. I would imagine a week or slightly over a week would be the longest, but it depends on supply delivery.

NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW
I now can also provide metallic silver and gold lettering. (I can also do more solid color decals as well.) Basically I am hand painting the backs of the decals and they are applied upside down. Here are the prototypes. (I was mostly looking to see if the new application technique would work and how the paint looked.)

Gold
IMG_1296 by Eleventh Division LLC, on Flickr

IMG_1295 by Eleventh Division LLC, on Flickr

Silver
IMG_1294 by Eleventh Division LLC, on Flickr

IMG_1293 by Eleventh Division LLC, on Flickr

Because these are a bit more labor intensive (I have to hand ink each of the decals), the price for this version is $20 for a half page shipped in the US (six decals normally) or $30 for a full page shipped in the US (twelve decals).

I will still offer the earlier type for people more on a budget, but those of you who want metallic ink can now get that as an option. :)
Last edited by HNB on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HNB

Post by HNB »

HNB

Post by HNB »

Another decal well applied. It is fun to have a small part in your projects!

robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

where were you 3-4 years ago, i could have used you damnit!
HNB

Post by HNB »

I wasn't doing them then. Fairly new to it, but I am very happy with the stuff I have been a part of project wise. :)
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

they look good, i must admit. I know when i was looking a few years ago i had a problem with. one, flakes. and two. a few places looked too.... digitized and broken up looking. like i said, nice stuff. and the price is good too.
HNB

Post by HNB »

I do hand inking and high res to avoid that stuff. :)
h8mtv

Post by h8mtv »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:D
HNB

Post by HNB »

That one turned out GREAT! :)
HNB

Post by HNB »

Sorry I don't update this often. I still do these. I just did two orders today. Here are some pics from my flickr account for people to see some of the things I have helped with. :) Typically if you can think it up, I can normally make it. ;) I also appreciate the word of mouth referrals I have gotten here!

ImageIMG_3743_zpswcxueqit by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

ImageDSCF5298_zps8olzdjlv by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

Imageimage_zps6f307766 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

Imageimage_zps5714b0d3 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

Image20130820_215250 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1647_zps08da7597 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

Image8516D03E-776D-4B29-B8DB-898E9493732C_zpsraqbvafe by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

Image13891203118_6b1b269bba by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

Image15321436327_9301d93351 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

Imagezippymaster3_zps99689958 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1932 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3494_zps76b40267 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

Imagenull_zps2f1027d3 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

Imagejstrat2_zps573dffd6 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr
HNB

Post by HNB »

FYI I have a pretty good collection of my best replica images. They are not perfect, but they are pretty close and print well. :) I have them pretty well sized to fit correctly. (As seen in my test print of my newest Mustang decal.)

ImageBass-VI by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

ImageFender-Mustang by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

ImageCycloneLogo by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

ImageFenderJag by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

ImageJazzLogo by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

ImageJazzLogo2 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

ImageStratLogo2 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

Image20151026_164257 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

im going to need one for Fender Excalibur
HNB

Post by HNB »

No idea, but if you mean a custom one that says Fender Excalibur, I can do that easy.