REVISITED! Kurts poorly modified mustang build

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Awstin

Post by Awstin »

If I do an exact replica ill have to sell the serviceman bridge and I doubt anyone wants that. ;p
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
Addam

Post by Addam »

Punkacc9 wrote:Anyone else notice how fucked up the placement of Kurt's control plate is? Lol
No, I didn't but do now you mention it. I would guess it's a right-handed item, like the (IMO) modded right-handed neck.
Last edited by Addam on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Yeah but the placement is still off lol. I wonder if he really built this or had it built. There would need to be a lot of filling if it was a bronco body.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Punkacc9 wrote:Holy FUCK. That schaller bridge is way to expensive to just build this cool little replica.
Just buy a Squier Musicmaster bridge off ebay. They're really cheap and look badass.

Seeing as he knows lots about teh Kurtz hopefully Paul_ might chime in at some point.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
markarkark

Post by markarkark »

Punkacc9 wrote:Yeah but the placement is still off lol. I wonder if he really built this or had it built. There would need to be a lot of filling if it was a bronco body.
Only a block in the trem cavity surely, the bulk of which would be covered by what whacking great hardtail. Would explain both the lack of neck pickup route but also the shonky control plate which the bronco wouldn't have been drilled for.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Noirie. wrote:
Punkacc9 wrote:Holy FUCK. That schaller bridge is way to expensive to just build this cool little replica.
Just buy a Squier Musicmaster bridge off ebay. They're really cheap and look badass.

Seeing as he knows lots about teh Kurtz hopefully Paul_ might chime in at some point.
Well I have the serviceman vibrato / bridge. If I'm not happy with that I will consider buying the schaller.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

I say do the copy as close to the original as possible get the right bridge but obviously make it a decent player. I have never seen anyone do it and it is not a famous guitar that people would be like ugh haha teh kurdtz lolz.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Yeah. That's what I am starting to think. I won't do a black headstock, extra showing routs, and have the control plate in the right spot.
Last edited by Awstin on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

cur wrote:can't tell, maybe the bridge is like this one?

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_ta ... ridge.html
Precise dwarf bravery
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

This is the worst looking guitars Kurt ever played.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

weeping_moon wrote:This is the worst looking guitars Kurt ever played.
Opinion. It's an aquired taste. The way it was pieced together by Kurt may be ugly but if I execute it nicely and professionally it should look pretty cool. Just the essential shit ya need. I think the squier music masters are butt ugly but that just my opinion.
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

Punkacc9 wrote:
Opinion. It's an aquired taste. The way it was pieced together by Kurt may be ugly but if I execute it nicely and professionally it should look pretty cool. Just the essential shit ya need. I think the squier music masters are butt ugly but that just my opinion.
No. Probably not just my opinion.
He only needed money for drugs so he didnt care about it.
HNB

Post by HNB »

I don't think Punk is trying to explain why Kurt wanted it, didn't want it, used it, whatever. He stated that he likes it because of how simple it is and basic. Humbucker, hardtail bridge, volume. I can understand that. It is one reason I enjoy my Musicmaster. Others commented on the G&L Rampage that is similar in a more simplistic design.

People often get hung up on things relating to Kurt and focus the guy instead of just looking at a guitar as a guitar.

Awstin

Post by Awstin »

I dig that no Pickguard look on a mustang. And I only ever use the bridge pickup. Really just using Kurt's guitar as a base for the project. Really couldn't care why he used it and I don't wanna do an exact copy cus of the kurtz. Although I am interested on how the guitar came to be, (built wise). If I did a replica it would be a, well, I guess, "fixed replica" of the same design but not sloppy and functional.
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

Punkacc9 wrote:I dig that no Pickguard look on a mustang. And I only ever use the bridge pickup. Really just using Kurt's guitar as a base for the project. Really couldn't care why he used it and I don't wanna do an exact copy cus of the kurtz. Although I am interested on how the guitar came to be, (built wise). If I did a replica it would be a, well, I guess, "fixed replica" of the same design but not sloppy and functional.
Yep. But something about you says to me Kurt fanboy. No worries there i used to be the same, until i grew up.
I read you got now at least 7 or 8 guitars maybe more. How about do a riff or solo and record a great song and use guitars instead of making and selling them?
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

weeping_moon wrote:Yep. But something about you says to me Kurt fanboy. No worries there i used to be the same, until i grew up.
I read you got now at least 7 or 8 guitars maybe more. How about do a riff or solo and record a great song and use guitars instead of making and selling them?
Dick move. Dick.
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

Dave wrote:
weeping_moon wrote:Yep. But something about you says to me Kurt fanboy. No worries there i used to be the same, until i grew up.
Dick move. Dick.
What?

Did i hurt someone?
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

WM - maybe it is a language barrier but your post come across as offensively patronising - you are calling him a child because he wants to build a kurt replica. You are then saying he should do some actual music instead of building guitars. Why should he? And if you check the whorehouse you'll know he actually has a band and records music AND he's still building lots of really interesting guitars. I might as well say to you: where's YOUR projects and YOUR music? Why aren't you saving the world or something? I won't because you can do whatever you enjoy and that's none of my damn business.

Seriously, the projects forum has been a much better place for Punk appearing on the scene. There's nothing wrong at all giving criticisms about the builds, that's a matter of opinion, but your comments just read like a patronising ass. Do you not see that?
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Thanks Dave. But really I'm not starting any fights. And I have said it plenty of times that I am not a guitarist but have an extreme passion for guitars. Collecting them and building them. Just a really big hobby for me. I really don't even play guitar at all unless i feel like contributing to the writing progress. I spend my time building them and know more about guitars, how they work, and gear then most guitarists do. I have been a guitar tech for a really talented local band now for a while now. They really dont even know mych about guitars. I'm a full on drummer. And like Dave said you can check my band out in the whorehouse. I don't play guitar in either of my bands. I have been playing drums for a really long time. But drums don't interest me to build or talk about them on a forum. I'm quite happy with both my Ludwig Vistalite sets and my Vintage Slingerland set. I have no need to brag about my drumming or post that on here when it is a guitar forum. I think I have accomplished a lot of cool things for the time that I have been a member here and I just turned 18 lol.

Here's what I really do. A video of me from my old band 3 years ago.

[youtube][/youtube]