Ableton controllers

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

lorez

Ableton controllers

Post by lorez »

I've been looking at the new Push ableton will be releasing shortly when 9 comes out but I wondered if anyone is using any other controllers for triggering/playing

http://www.ableton.com/en/push/
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Simon

Post by Simon »

I use a Akai LPD controller for triggering basic stuff. It's used in the band I currently play with. It's a really cool little controller and for £30 you can't really complain!

Akai LPD
paul_

Post by paul_ »

The Push appears to be a aimed at competing with

Akai APC20 & APC40

Novation Launchpad

I ordered an APC20/Ableton bundle on the cheapz on a Black Friday GC online sale a couple years ago but was thwarted by their lunacy.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Rhysyrhys
The Kraken

Post by Rhysyrhys »

I have the maschine and I'm instantly jealous of any one who gets this. I love the ribbon controller and I love the step sequencer stuff.

I still really love Maschine, its fucking bad ass. But this looks good, really really good.
lorez

Post by lorez »

Going to resurrect this thread. I want an controller for Ableton & I wondered if it's worth the cash for a push or whether to get a launchpad?
lorez

Post by lorez »

ok i think I might go for a couple of the novation mini controllers. just toying which combination but the knobs on the controller & launchkey are something I'm really looking for.

[youtube][/youtube]
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Got a little cheeky this weekend (not with the bananas), bought an APC40 on discount due to the MK II being out.

Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
lorez

Post by lorez »

The that's what I ended with as I picked one up cheap like you due to mk2. Love it, makes tweaking so much fun & jamming on tunes
paul_

Post by paul_ »

TWINZIES

Definitely been a fun day today, effects tweaks seem to be what I'm mainly enjoying about it so far... SO glad the deal on the apc20 didn't work out years back.

I also have to get a MIDI/USB converter for my Miniak because the knobs match and it looks so swank when they're next to each other, I see a 2-tier stand in their future.