Rejoining the Shortscale Universe

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Allanr

Rejoining the Shortscale Universe

Post by Allanr »

So...

The Mustang Special was joined by another cool shortscale, a Fender Strat Junior, made in Mexico. Both of these were sweethearts, but a drop-dead gorgeous American Standard Stratocaster beckoned, and alas, the two shortscales disappeared and were replaced by my lovely naked Strat.

The months went by. The eBay listings came and went. And yesterday, shortscale fortune smiled upon me, and I won an auction for a cool MIM Fender Duo-Sonic in Torino Red, with a maple neck. Hopefully will arrive late next week, and I'll post pics with my NGD post.

It's nice to be hangin' with the shorties again :lol:
Fender Stratocaster Junior MIM 2006
Fender AVRI '69 Thinline Tele, brown burst
Fender FSR American Standard Natural Strat
+ Peavey VK20 Micro Head, Fender Pro Junior, Excelsior, Rumble 30, Frontman 25R, & Vox Mini5
louis
fuckin' A

Post by louis »

Nice!
Twitter: @fearthelivinguk
theshadowofseattle wrote:Nothin' but orange groves and black augs, as far as the eye could see.
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

Score!
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
Allanr

Post by Allanr »

Here is what's gone :( Image

...and here is what's on the way

This is just the crappy eBay photo. Better pix will be posted when it actually arrives

Yes, I do wish that I still had the Strat Jr. and the Mustang Special
Snake

Post by Snake »

Heh I used to have one of these. Play on brother 8)
Objective: I must make it to the Classifieds without being detected.
Allanr

Post by Allanr »

Now it's here! Replaced the busted up pick guard with a new one. Grounded th electronics, and it's ready to rock.
And with his big brothers...
+ Peavey VK20 Micro Head, Fender Pro Junior, Excelsior, Rumble 30, Frontman 25R, & Vox Mini5
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

Nice Duo, but what I really want to ask if I may, How is that PRS ?... been considering one of them !!
Allanr

Post by Allanr »

othomas2 wrote:Nice Duo, but what I really want to ask if I may, How is that PRS ?... been considering one of them !!
PRS is awesome. Better now that I swapped out the bridge 'bucker for a P90 (GFS Mean 90) for some single coil crispness. Exceptionally well made import guitars with flawless fit and finish, and real attention to detail. My Strat is still my favourite of the 3 guitars that I own, but the PRS provides those Gibsonesque tones that you can't get from an S/S/S Stratocaster. And I'm a sucker for a Bigsby!
so1om

Post by so1om »

YES! I bought one of these new when they came out. Still have it and love it. One of the weak points is the tuners. I deal with them, but i was never happy with them. Had to repair the toggle (took it apart and repair the leaf springs) last october.

but i love it stock!

over on the gretsch pages, someone had a pickguard broken about like yours. I suggested they cut a plate of aluminum like the Duo II series to replace that broken section and it looked great!