Our roots

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

Doug

Our roots

Post by Doug »

We can get so passionate about the music and guitar we're into right now, we sometimes lose the big picture. I know I need to be reconnected with the roots every so often and I thought I'd share my latest wake-up call.

This video shook me by the collar. :evil: Reminding me of the influence that hugely talented Otis Rush had on Fleetwood Mac.

Here's where it gets good. Some talented musicians forget the roots within Fleetwood Mac's long history. And might say, "Fleetwood Mac? :roll: Pop wankers."

All the more reason to nudge bandmates when ya get a chance and point em to the roots. Cuz whatever people think the Mac is, this is where Fleetwood Mac come from. Danny Kirwan's fuckin eighteen! Ya just can't forget after ya watch em play Otis Rush:

Cheers,
Last edited by Doug on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Doug
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

Great bit of footage there which I'd not seen before! I love Greeny, and Kirwin was ace too. It also goes to prove my theory that being a girl in the 60s meant you were awesomely attractive.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Dave wrote:being a French girl in the 60s meant you were awesomely attractive.
Fixed
NickS

Post by NickS »

Like the way they feature Danny Kirwan while Peter Green's taking the first solo. :roll: