My infant daughter killin' it on Animoog...

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

avj
A Select Individual

My infant daughter killin' it on Animoog...

Post by avj »

I posted this on Facebook already, but was stoked to see Moog's official Animoog FB page pick it up today and pass it along so now I'm going to force it on shortscale. My eighteen-week-old daughter is always very interested when she sees me using Animoog, so I figured I'd put it near her and see what happened.

[youtube][/youtube]

I know other parents here have already discovered the joy of teaching and interacting with their children musically (liamroe springs to mind), but this was my first encounter and it was really something special.

To quote myself, "I see a lot of other parents using iPads and other electronic devices to occupy their children with relatively mindless games and apps, so I can't wait for her to grow a bit older and use Animoog as a way to teach her about music, sound, and synthesis."

It seems I've also inadvertently discovered another great reason to have children -- filling out a band of people who have to do what you say or lose their TV, phone, and car privileges.
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

Totally lovely and heartwarming!
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

That really is cool, and I as well would be excited to see how a young'un would continue to respond and grow in an intereactive sound/touch experience like that, later and what musically may come of it.

Another potentially neato thing to look forward to in parenting!
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Cool stuff, I know how you feel I took a video of my 17 week old having a blast making a racket on my stylophone. Was brilliant watching his wee face as he caught in to the fact that it was him making the noises.
XY
avj
A Select Individual

Post by avj »

Thanks guys. It really is something special.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Lovely stuff. My little one regularly plays the piano app I have on the iPad, will get the Animoog out next time!