Horn friendly & guitar friendly keys

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

lorez

Post by lorez »

James wrote:I love the James Brown book, Chris. So far I've only been learning the bass parts but it's ridiculously fun. Out of curiosity which songs have you learnt or been working on the most? A fair few of the bass ones are quite easy to play but tough in terms of stamina. Funky Women, for example, is quite easy to play but an absolute bastard to play consistently for 5 minutes.
I've been playing the era I love from 65 until 72 especially the catfish Collins stuff. I know what you mean about the stamina, that & the discipline are my main challenges. I've been working up with a metronome over a period of time & think its making my rhythm playing so much better. My next step is to put the elements into ableton & loop parts to build up my skills. I also want to learn the bass parts as well.

I also think the ancillary parts of the book with the back stories, James browns deals on equipment, his verbal queues & how he liked to mix things up shed so much on to the music & development of funk that this alone is worth the price of the book and makes other tab books pale into insignificance
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers