Peavey bandit 112

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

matte30is
Gimme' head till I'm dead

Peavey bandit 112

Post by matte30is »

Thinking of getting one. Find em all day here for 100 bucks. Seems like a good deal for a good amp to jam on.
iCEByTes wrote:V8 give me chills the sound of motor , the visual , oh man oh shit oh crap.
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

I've been thinking about getting one. I've mostly just been waiting for a silver stripe Bandit in my area.
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
matte30is

Post by matte30is »

Ya I'm going for the red stripe. :D
iCEByTes wrote:V8 give me chills the sound of motor , the visual , oh man oh shit oh crap.
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

I heard those don't sound as good (or maybe it was the Chinese red stripes that didn't sound good whereas the American red stripes sounded good? Don't remember.)
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
matte30is

Post by matte30is »

This is a USA red stripe.
HNB

Post by HNB »

Bandits seem to have a good buzz about them. Closest I have is a Peavey Renown 212. I see them pop up in my local pawn shop though. If I didn't have like six amps already, I might be more tempted to try one out. Post pics when you can. :)
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

I had one like this for years. Great sounding, reliable amp!
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Yeah any model of the Peavey Bandits are pretty solid, I think there is some mis-placed snobbery about the different era models, but honestly they all sound very similar and all sound good.

I don't think you'll find anything for the same price that'll do the job so well, Roland Cube's get a lot of love too but I don't have much experience with them so can't comment.
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

I don't think the early Solo series and the Transtube series sound anything alike. Transtube is far more versatile and can sound like a lot of different kinds of amps from Vox to Fender. They work very well for recording but live, I just don't think they sound as full or rich as I'd like. The earlier Solo series Bandits are much louder and less versatile but to me, in a live band setting, they hold up better, and they have a very good sound IMO, perfect for that early Pixies sound (Come on Pilgrim and Surfer Rosa). Amazing reverb as well. They're quite dark sounding.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.