Jim Goes On Tour, Venues don't return Emails or Calls.

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

serfx
ss.o bastard son

Jim Goes On Tour, Venues don't return Emails or Calls.

Post by serfx »

Wahoy-hoy-ahoy?

anyways..
I'm headed off on a tour of the interior of British Columbia right quick.

kicking things off actually just outside my homebase of Edmonton, in one of our satellite cities, Sherwood Park, this thursday
then I head down to Calgary, bug Finboy, swap random piles of guitar parts with him.. or something, and then play at my fav dirge of a tavern called Vern's. I'll be opeingin up for 3 metal bands, so it's gonna be a good night. I always have fun when I play with metal bands..
I've even tossed Shellac's Prayer to God, and Flipper's Life is Cheap back onto my setlist, and while i'm a fan of being a contrary-mother-fucker i've decided to tone down my anti-conservative setlist for one that is a bit more .. shall we say forgiving?

from there I finally head into the mountains and wildreness of the interior of B.C.
stoppign monday & tuesday in Invermere.
It wasn't originally on my list, but shit happens.
there isn't really a venue anywhere in the city, BUT there is a fucking awesome coffee shop that makes awesome fair trade coffee, called Kickinghorse. They aren't exactly setup to have dudes play shows and the like, but they are down for me busking out front and bringing me coffee, so that's the new plan.

Wednesday I head off to Salmon Arm, where again a lack of venues, and even the coffee shops I contacted never got back to me, but whatever. I love the city, and there is a great little library that actually has a gazebo for buskers to use. so SOLD, thats where i'm at..

then I take a couple days and hang out with my brother in Kelowna (he just bought a house there, the whole family is meeting up, and was pretty much the reason behind this excursion) catch up with some old friends who moved out that was a couple years back, and lucked into finding an open Mic to play on the Friday night. I've already spoken to them as well, and they said if they dig what I do at the open mic, they'll add me to the Bill on Saturday. so *fingers crossed* here's hoping.

then we just chill out for a couple days, my lady is coming with, so we're gonna head out to her ancestral land, visit the reservation, and have tea with her grandfather, should be really nice.
The tuesday we start making our way back east, stopping on Golden for food stuffs, and there is a little book store / coffee shop that I really enjoy and make sure i visit every time i'm through.

(funny thing about them, is though i don't go through often, like once every two - three years, when they end up with a 3rd copy of any vonnegut jr or william burroughs book they just set them aside, put my name on them, and wait for me; so it's usually quite a treat, and a happy surprise, it doesn;t matter that i already own both of those authors bibliographies I buy the books, sometimes replacing ripped and torn and worn out versions of my own, other times giving them to friends as gifts.)

So I already spoke with them, and they are super excited to have me come and busk out front for a couple hours; as again they aren't setup to really have ppl play in the shop, and (oddly?) I was the first person to ever approach them about the concept. If we're lucky my aunt will also be in town so we'll have a place to stay for the night as well.

from there it's just a 600 KM drive home, where hopefully we'll have a day to relax before Michella goes back to work. And i play a home coming show at one of my fav haunts in Edmonton, DV8 Underground (who actually just moved to a new location, one that honestly should be a lot better for them.)

I'll be checking on on foursquare at all my busking spots so if you're in the area please feel free to swing by, say hello, maybe buy a C.D. or something off of me, it will be appreciated.

I know this board isn't known for it's Canadian members, but there are a few of us, spread out all over this huge country of ours.. and who knows, maybe there are some lurkers in the interior that just haven't posted yet.

anyways, knowing me i'll but updating the Twitter and Instagram a lot.. I'm @Jim_Nowhere on both
and possibly posting a few photos and words on my facebook page as well [url=http://www.facebook.com/JimNowhere]

other info available on the "tour" event page

Much Love

Jim
serfx
ss.o bastard son

Post by serfx »

Skull and crossed gun and booze bottle design drawn by our very own wwrrssddrrwwss
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

Have fun Jim!!
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
serfx
ss.o bastard son

Post by serfx »

thanks brother,
so far it's a blast.