Fender Classic Series Lacquer

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

AaronGuitarDude

Fender Classic Series Lacquer

Post by AaronGuitarDude »

good thing it's 7.25 radius and soft v neck. Do want. But it's expensive for MIM fendurr.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

It has been decades since I've had a 7.25" radius guitar in my hands, how different it is from the now common 9.5"?
Is this something I just HAVE TO HAVE?
George

Post by George »

some people swear by it. i think 9.5" is an all-round improvement for most playing but the vintage radius is quite nice sometimes

you have to start spending real money to get a 7.25" as well, where as a wealth of squier and other low end goodies can be had cheaper with 9.5"
avj
A Select Individual

Post by avj »

George wrote:some people swear by it. i think 9.5" is an all-round improvement for most playing but the vintage radius is quite nice sometimes

you have to start spending real money to get a 7.25" as well, where as a wealth of squier and other low end goodies can be had cheaper with 9.5"
There are a few Squiers with 7.25" as well:

http://www.fender.com/squier/series/vi ... ard-black/

http://www.fender.com/squier/series/vi ... ard-black/
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

LizardKing wrote:It has been decades since I've had a 7.25" radius guitar in my hands, how different it is from the now common 9.5"?
Is this something I just HAVE TO HAVE?
The 7.25" board is more curved and makes playing bar chords easier on the hand, but some folks complain that it can causes strings to 'choke out' when bending notes sharp. The 9.5" flatter/less curved board is supposed to alleviate this 'choking' of notes while bending and should allow you to place the strings lower to the fret wire. Eh?
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister