anyone else like "hey im gonna drink to write some song

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

George

anyone else like "hey im gonna drink to write some song

Post by George »

and then you can't play guitar anymore LOL
Brandon W

Re: anyone else like "hey im gonna drink to write some

Post by Brandon W »

George wrote:and then you can't play guitar anymore LOL
Yes..but i can still play. I just can't remember what i played..ha
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))
Benmurray85

Post by Benmurray85 »

too drunk to pluck
How Terribly Rock N Roll
Mike wrote:That's like honk squared. too much fucking honk.
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

My problem isn't so much that I can't play guitar when drinking, it's more that I'm shit at writing, drunk or otherwise.
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
Addam

Post by Addam »

Alcohol sucks what little creativity I have away, though I play only slightly worse when shitfaced than I do sober.
The Beatles recommend weed and/or LSD for creativity in songwriting, so go with that.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Benmurray85 wrote:too drunk to pluck
larhgz
Benmurray85

Post by Benmurray85 »

I know. I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist :P
How Terribly Rock N Roll
Mike wrote:That's like honk squared. too much fucking honk.
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

I've written awesome shit on lsd..i've figured out awesome things also..i can't remember the point right now but i know it was like holy shit, this makes total sense now..

One time i was tripping and i wrote this whole notebook full of facts about jim morrison..like his favorite bar was called the phone booth and his dad was an admiral in the navy..etc..then i went to some of the places that he went to in hopes of some connection or formula..maybe i'd see what he saw..what i realized was that he was just tripping out and not much of it made sense..and then it hit me..he had an amazing voice and was incredibly handsome..it wasn't what he said but how he said it.

It's like that scene in young guns where they're all on peyote..she's my butterfly
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))
apreswho

Post by apreswho »

Ive found with writing, recording, and especially performing, theres sort of a threshold, where it gets better and better and better until you hit a certain point and then you have no clue how to do anything anymore hahaha So for me at least its better and better and better until its totally impossible
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

AddamInsane wrote:Alcohol sucks what little creativity I have away, though I play only slightly worse when shitfaced than I do sober.
This. And I don't believe in drugs, even if they work to write something genial they work only for geniuses. I'm not and don't want to be. All talks about tons of ideas under the pot look like a fake to me. I spent months looking at my friends smoking pot and I didn't see any result of super creativity, only talks. It helps only to supress deep anxiety and to work like robot without doubts and according to plan.
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
meltedbuzzbox

Post by meltedbuzzbox »

I used to be a heavy weed smoker and I found it could be great for writing and it could equally be terrible

You can get in the zone with it and spend hours plugging away, or you can be really distracted and not want to play the guitar

I think the main benefit is that it relaxes you. A relaxed mind is always more open and receptive to new ideas and trying things etc