NGD: Fender Stratocaster Junior

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Allanr

NGD: Fender Stratocaster Junior

Post by Allanr »

I decided to sell my gorgeous Fender MIM Duo Sonic from the early 90s. But no need to despair. The reason I'm letting the Duo Sonic go is that I just bought something even (IHO) cooler!

I bought a Fender Stratocaster Junior, Made in Mexico. For those not familiar with this model, it looks very similar to the Chinese made Squier Mini, but it is a much better instrument. I'd say that the difference is similar to the difference between an high-end MIM Strat and low-end Chinese Squier Strat.

The Strat Jr. was only made for a few years in the first decade of the 2000s - I think from 2004 to 2006, but could be mistaken on dates. At any rate, mine is a 2006 that even has the Fender 60th medallion on the back of the headstock. Very cool!

This one is very "minty". It's actually the second one that I've owned. The first one was red, and had been modded with a second tone control, t be like its full-size big brother. Here is a pic of the old one. along with another (my first!) shortscale that is making somebody else happy now. :D

Fender Stratocaster Junior MIM 2006
Fender AVRI '69 Thinline Tele, brown burst
Fender FSR American Standard Natural Strat
+ Peavey VK20 Micro Head, Fender Pro Junior, Excelsior, Rumble 30, Frontman 25R, & Vox Mini5
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

and a hardtail strat-- thats kinda cool & rare
George wrote:in the future there must be only guitars or only computers
theshadowofseattle wrote:TYPICAL AMERICAN BAND LIKE JAY Z, AXE BODY SPRAY, AND THE VENTURES.
Casual_Reader

Post by Casual_Reader »

fun
duosonic

Post by duosonic »

is the strat junior bigger than the strat mini?
dandelo

Post by dandelo »

aawww sweet. i like it. seems like a traveling guitar :D
cur

Post by cur »

Looks like a wider nut then a mini. Is that the case? What is the scale, 22.7"?

markarkark

Post by markarkark »

Cute! I quite like my Squier Mini Strat. Would like to have a go on one of these Smart Size jobbies from Japan, but I don't think they ever made it over here:
► Show Spoiler