Harley Benton SGs

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Harley Benton SGs

Post by westtexasred »

These seem like great deals.This one below is $166.90 shipped to the USA (link)

ImageImage

Or this one (link) is $232.88 shipped to the USA.

ImageImage

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
AaronGuitarDude

Post by AaronGuitarDude »

CHEAP OLE CHINA GITAR :wink:
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Has anyone tried these out?

That 3 pickup one looks divine.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

taylornutt wrote:Has anyone tried these out?

That 3 pickup one looks divine.
Maybe the same as the Epiphone?

Harley Benton S-600 VI Vintage Series Electric Guitar. Set-Neck Construction, Mahogany Body, Mahohany C-Neck, Rosewood Fretboard with Block thomann Inlays, Creme Neck Binding, 22 Frets, 628mm Scale, 43mm Nut-Width, Double-Action Trussrod, 3x Wilkinson Alnico-V Humbucker Pickups, Electronic 2-Volume, 2-Tone & 3-way Switch, Tune-O-Matic Bridge, Deluxe Gold Hardware, Kluson-Style Tuners, Daddario 010-046 Strings, Color Hi-Gloss Vintage Ivory.

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I don't like the way the knobs are arranged, it looks like someone bumped into the CNC machine, which quickly finished the knobs fuming and then ran off to pound them.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

im not interested in teh SG but a 140 dollar V or Explorer would be fun
George wrote:in the future there must be only guitars or only computers
theshadowofseattle wrote:TYPICAL AMERICAN BAND LIKE JAY Z, AXE BODY SPRAY, AND THE VENTURES.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

brainfur wrote:im not interested in teh SG but a 140 dollar V or Explorer would be fun
£80:

£97:

Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

exactly--- are they playable? how shitty could they be?
theshadowofseattle wrote:TYPICAL AMERICAN BAND LIKE JAY Z, AXE BODY SPRAY, AND THE VENTURES.
George

Post by George »

worth checking out reviews although youtube and forums tend to be slow keeping up, particularly as they've really only started raising their game and expanding their product lines fairly recently. i quite like the idea of getting some sort of superstrat or shredder from them for that price.

on the whole they seem to be very good for the money. but for a £100 guitar that benchmark is low. for setup and modding wizards like us we could probably iron out in any kinks quite easily bringing it up to a decent standard if it's a bit of a mutt
paul_

Post by paul_ »

They're probably somewhat decent given that most of what you pay for with an Epiphone is licensing. Most MIC $150-$350 off-brand Gibson style guitars (Jay Turser, Vintage, etc) easily compete with $350-$750 Epiphones.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
George

Post by George »

yeah i would rate rate jay turser quite highly for the price. i bought their SG 12 string and it was fantastic. personally i would imagine the current Vintage brand are probably a hair better based on reviews and specs, but i would love to try both side by side to compare
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

yeah vintage even look a little better but are about 3x the price
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

You can read the reviews in German, I guess they could be translated. They really seemed to like them though.

I wouldn't personally buy one because the shipping to and from me would cost almost the price of the guitar if I don't like it. I don't buy guitars by mail anymore, effects, cabs, amps o.k.
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

Looks like some of them are made in the same factory that makes Jay Turser

ImageImage
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Re: Harley Benton SGs

Post by stewart »

westtexasred wrote:Image
looks like colonel gadaffi's toilet seat.

i like it.
George

Post by George »

very keen eye there westy. in that case, if they're jay turser thats phenomenal value
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

George wrote:very keen eye there westy. in that case, if they're jay turser thats phenomenal value
Thanks! According to the Thomann website Harley Benton guitars are manufactured by Saien which is a Korean company with factories in South Korea and China. Saien also makes guitars for for other companies like Epiphone,Peavey and Ibanez(and Jay Turser,I guess).
Peter Bond

Post by Peter Bond »

I'd definitely go for either of the SGs there. Under a hundred quid for a beater and if it was mega awful you could just smash it up or make it into some kind of terrible noise making device/novelty prop guitar. Or put it on the wall of your Rock themed café.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

These SGs look great! And like I said in another thread, the Harley Benton Tele I played recently was properly nice. I don't see why these would be any different.