whats the most you've ever paid for a pedal/effect?

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

George

whats the most you've ever paid for a pedal/effect?

Post by George »

following on from our current memetopic...

i think the mbm janglecomp for around £100 or something. i have a dream box in the oven that will cost god knows how much.

come on shortscale, what frivolous pedals have you bought to avoid honing your chocolate fingers? i know some of you nutters have spent like £350 on delays. dont hide.
lorez

Post by lorez »

if you ask my wife all my pedals never cost more than £35
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
George

Post by George »

my girlfriend doesn't really know about my cycling of pedals. they're a lot easier to sneak into the house than guitars
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

I think the priciest I ever has was a Maxon AD999. I got it shipped over from the US back when the exchange rate was pretty good and not all packages got stopped for VAT + added comedy tax. I think it was about £150, I had it for about 5 years and sold it for the same price.

I had a Moog Ring Modulator once too, that was pricey but I have no idea how much it was, that was shipped from the US too and sold for more than it cost me.
moogmusic

Post by moogmusic »

Pedalwise, I think I've a few which about draw - a custom MBM Dreambox, a ZVex Fuzz Probe and an EHX POG2 which all cost about £120.

And my old GT-6 which I bought new pretty much as soon as it came out for £330.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

£233 for my Lunar edition Moogerfooger Freqbox and around £210 for my POG.

I suppose as a counter to this, and before the thread pops up anyway, I also paid £20 for a copy of a ZVex Woolly Mammoth (hint: it's really good for £20, it's really shit for the RRP of £200+ or whatever) and around £10 for a copy of the Fuzzgun, made by the same guy. In terms of shop-bought pedals I got my Big Muff Tone Wicker for £30 which was faaaaab.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

£200 for my Blackout Effectors Twosome. Annoyingly, I think I frefer my big muff tone wicker compared to the musket in the twosome. The fix'd fuzz is good though.

Will probably buy the minifooger drive. That's pretty pricey at £140.
Noisy Cat

Post by Noisy Cat »

Brand new OCD (v4) bought from Guitar Center Manhattan when I was in NYC a couple of years ago - can't remember what it cost, but it was cheaper than buying it here.

(Oh, and it's the best dirt pedal ever.)
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

I think £65 for a Russian Green Muff from Mike. Just had a closer look and its dated September 2008 :o
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

£113 for a Dwarfcraft Shiva. It stopped working around this time last year and I keep forgetting to actually get it fixed.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Excluding the M13, because that's a multi effect, it's either (depending on the exchange rate at the time):
  • - £147 for a TC Flashback x4 (last month, it's a cracker, wanted a second delay and a looper - why did I ever sell the M13, I hear you cry...)
    - $200 for a Skreddy Ernie (2011, hankered after one for years, immediate and overwhelming buyer's remorse)
    - $199 for a Paul C Tim (same time as the above, hence it's inclusion and me overlooking the dollar difference; always hankered after one, means I've got a monogrammed pedal, and wanted to support an independent builder who's also a lovely fella: that it's a brilliant pedal really helps)
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Either my Boss RC-3 or MBM Multiplex Echo Machine. Both were about £170 IIRC. Both ace - no regrets whatsoever on either.

Having been sniffing around reverb pedals recently though and some of those are pretty toppy.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I have a Strymon Timeline....
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Probably about £135 for one of my Catalinbread pedals (DLS and FN5).
Simon

Post by Simon »

I come in 2nd to Gabriel... £250 for the Strymon El Capistan. Worth every penny.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Yeah in fairness I don't at all regret spending so much on my Strymon. It's the best pedal I've ever owned and I've hardly scratched the surface of what it's capable of doing.
holyCATS1415

Post by holyCATS1415 »

$270 for a death by audio echo dream 2. I needed it.
jagsonic

Post by jagsonic »

lorez wrote:if you ask my wife all my pedals never cost more than £35
LOL mine too....

my most expensive pedal was a catalinbread sft for about 170€
Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

I picked up my EHX Cathedral for £140 or so. My RE-20 was even less than that - £120 or thereabouts. I felt like I'd got a proper bargain for a change, because those bargains on the 'bay that everyone talks about always seem to elude me and I end up paying normal RRP for everything (Re: the Cathedral).

I don't regret either purchase though. Both are excellent bits of kit.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Poly Chorus but I don't remember what they cost back then. They went up to far more later but it was still a lot, over $200 I'm sure.

Most of my expensive pedals were around the $150 mark: Digitech XP-100 Whammy/Wah, RAT Deucetone, Fulltone Supa-Trem, Akai Headrush... and I don't like even spending that much on a pedal, as there's been no effect I haven't gotten tired of eventually. Fun to experiment with but not something I want to break the bank on, nowhere near as important as guitars or amplifiers at the end of the day.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"