Korg littleBits

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

sp3k

Korg littleBits

Post by sp3k »

[youtube][/youtube]

between this and the volcas I'm in love with korg
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

They're doing much more interesting things than other members of the "big 3" from Japan, Roland and Yamaha.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
sp3k

Post by sp3k »

yeah, I don't really get why the other two don't just release reissues of all the old stuff people pay stupid amounts of money for, it's easy money!
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

that is stupid cool, i wonder how well it will hold up tho? i mean with average use.
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

OMG, please Roand... Re-issue an affordable Juno 60!
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
lorez

Post by lorez »

Fuck me straight to the top of the Xmas present list for the kids. Need to get hold of this, a real life version of jasuto. Modula synth Lego.
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
plaidbeer

Post by plaidbeer »

laterallateral wrote:OMG, please Roand... Re-issue an affordable Juno 60!
I know a lot of people have been lobbying Roland for years to release an analog synth (reissue of a Juno-60/106 or a Jupiter-series), but it won't happen. They've repeatedly said that they have no interest in using old/analog tech. It's a shame.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

i feel like i am the only person in the world who hates reggie watts. shit is lame.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Leave my bro alone, Sloan.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Sloan wrote:i feel like i am the only person in the world who hates reggie watts. shit is lame.
I don't know enough about him to hate him, but I hate hearing about him and seeing him on stuff.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Sloan wrote:i feel like i am the only person in the world who hates reggie watts. shit is lame.
I could handle it until the shit English accent started. Then I remembered my true feelings.
sp3k

Post by sp3k »

Save your hate for thursday, Reggie is awesome!
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

I saw devo a few years ago and he opened for them, I was like eh... what is this crap...
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

plaidbeer wrote:
laterallateral wrote:OMG, please Roand... Re-issue an affordable Juno 60!
I know a lot of people have been lobbying Roland for years to release an analog synth (reissue of a Juno-60/106 or a Jupiter-series), but it won't happen. They've repeatedly said that they have no interest in using old/analog tech. It's a shame.
I think roland see that whole market as really small time. I think they try to be like the nikon of musical instrument makers. they aim their products at the "pros" and hope that others will want to buy their stuff as well because pros use them. I really cant see how this strategy really works anymore (and it might not be) because no one cares that like mariah carey's keyboard player plays a roland fantom or whatever. my other theory is that they don't want to open the analog bag because then they can never again pass off analog-modeling as the same or better than analog because everyone will just want analog. whether or not there really is any advantage to analog.

korg on the the other hand has always marketed to sort of consumer level stuff. they usually have their top of the line pro stuff as well but their product tiering has always been different than roland. yamaha is just a huge company and they have a history of products all over different levels of the market.
avj
A Select Individual

Post by avj »

I was about to clutter this subforum with my rambling bullshit, but I'll be a good boy and add it to this post instead. I'll also say I agree with Mages' assessment of Roland and Korg. I may also be biased though, as I began listening to the Heavy Strife album after seeing he was the last post here.

---

Back to the littleBits stuff!

Details straight from the mouth of the horse:

http://littlebits.cc/kits/synth-kit

A thorough demo as only Nick Batt (sonicstate) can do:

[youtube][/youtube]

More textual details and sounds:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/11/l ... ws-videos/

I think it's an incredible bit of engineering and an ingenious design, but I don't find it terribly useful.