Favourite lessons

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

lorez

Favourite lessons

Post by lorez »

I was wondering what peoples favourite lessons were & wanted people to post links.

I'll start with this one I've been working through these last couple of weeks & think is a wonderful lesson on funk let alone a lesson on how to play like prince:

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/how ... prince/743

So post yours for others to maybe learn something from
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

i love to watch all of justin sandercoe's videos..he's amazing.

Justin Guitar
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

I like Guitar Moves, the thing that Matt Sweeny does on youtube. I've learned stuff especially from the Josh Homme, ZZ Top Man and St Vincent episodes.
lorez

Post by lorez »

Brandon, I really like what justin does giving so much away free when some people & sites charge a lot for worse courses. I always point people in his direction & have bought a few things to support his great work.

Aiden, I'll have to take a look at those as well
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I use my old guitar teachers website a fair bit.

I think it's probably the best online jazz guitar resource.

http://www.mattwarnockguitar.com
Chris Fleming

Post by Chris Fleming »

+1 for Justin. Really easy to follow and great tips
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

Aiden wrote:I like Guitar Moves, the thing that Matt Sweeny does on youtube. I've learned stuff especially from the Josh Homme, ZZ Top Man and St Vincent episodes.
This but not the ZZ Topp episode - thought it was awful and that was entirely on Billy Gibbons lap. He just seemed more interested in getting exposure for himself and Kid Rock and to be honest I thought the whole thing was a bit embarrassing. The rest has been a nice a series however
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Dave wrote:
Aiden wrote:I like Guitar Moves, the thing that Matt Sweeny does on youtube. I've learned stuff especially from the Josh Homme, ZZ Top Man and St Vincent episodes.
This but not the ZZ Topp episode - thought it was awful and that was entirely on Billy Gibbons lap. He just seemed more interested in getting exposure for himself and Kid Rock and to be honest I thought the whole thing was a bit embarrassing. The rest has been a nice a series however
It was pretty cringeworthy, wasn't it? + Billy Gibbons should take that silly hat off. BUT, the thing he said about switching to thinner stings ('I shouldn't have to work that hard') has stuck with me. I play thick strings, high action, and like to play something that feels like it's fighting back. But now I keep thinking about buying a cheap tele or something and putting some 7s on it.