Roland TR-808 "Re-issue"

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

lorez

Post by lorez »

sonic state reviews

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

I don't want to sound like an asshole, but I really do wonder: Am I the only one who is pretty much done with the 808, 909, and 303? It probably comes from working so intensely in ReBirth for years, but really... I have next to no interest in those sounds anymore.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

aen wrote:I don't want to sound like an asshole, but I really do wonder: Am I the only one who is pretty much done with the 808, 909, and 303? It probably comes from working so intensely in ReBirth for years, but really... I have next to no interest in those sounds anymore.
yeah I wonder if they will add more sounds in a later hardware revision. it would be nice if they included some 606 and CR-78 sounds.
cogito ergo sum...thing or other...
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

Mages wrote:
stewart wrote:the mc-303 got some stick because of functionality more than the fact it's digital, and there were other, better grooveboxes released around the same time. the mc-505 was really good, if I remember.
yeah mc-505 is good. besides the lack of individual outs mc-303, doesn't have much hampering functionality if you just want to use it as a drum machine. for using it as 808/303 style MIDI sequencer, contrary to popular belief, it is really quite good as long as you don't have overblown expectations due to an ignorance of the limits of the technology. for using it as a synthesizer, well for that it is fairly weak. it's just a "dance" focused rompler in that respect. however, even then if you are a creative person there's still tons and tons of things you can do with just the preset sounds.
so uh, I was just messing around with the mc-303 and ohhh yeah, now I remember what I didn't like about this thing. it's noisy as all hell. it makes it virtually unusable for anything other than a sequencer. which again, it's not bad at that, and it has some really good arpeggio functions as well. it's just a shame you can't use the drums because it has some really great kits.
cogito ergo sum...thing or other...