The Frontier Psychiatrists - Get Into Citrus

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

The Frontier Psychiatrists - Get Into Citrus

Post by Freddy V-C »

As many of you know, I used to be in a band called The Frontier Psychiatrists. We broke up and played a farewell gig two years ago, and six months before that we recorded this EP. It never got released, although it's entirely possible that I posted rough mixes of a couple of these songs on ShortScale around that time.

Last night I had a dream that we got back together, and when I told my mate Chris (who played bass towards the end of the band's lifespan) he reminded me that I'd been talking about remixing/remastering some of our old material. Every few months I sit down and try to mix Get Into Citrus, and every time that happens I end up spending far too much time on it, it comes out sounding overwrought and shit and I forget about it for another few months. This time I decided I'd just thrash it all out in a day. It probably doesn't sound amazing, and there are plenty of mix inconsistencies and mistakes I haven't bothered to fix, but it kind of suits the genre.

I'm getting kind of emotional now thinking about our last gig. I was in that band for five and a half years, from the age of 13 to almost 19, so I guess it was a pretty important time in my life. I'd love to play a reunion gig at some point, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

So here it is anyway, a bunch of songs written and recorded by dumb teenagers from Halifax. You might like it if you like Art Brut, Pavement or The Fall.

GET INTO CITRUS

Last edited by Freddy V-C on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Downloaded. Listening. Am like.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Cheers man! It's fun looking back. I much prefer the stuff I'm doing now, but there's definitely something special about these recordings.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

S'going on my phone this second, Freddy!
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Been listening to it a bit more today and really like it. Dead catchy.

Have you got a link to any Nose stuff? Thought I'd downloaded some at one point but can't seem to find it. Might have just listened to it via streaming?
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Doog, you're a scholar and a gentleman.

BearBoy, there's a NOSE EP we recorded last year here and a free demo track we recorded more recently here. It's in a similar vein I guess, but not exactly the same.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

system of a downloading right now.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

[youtube][/youtube]
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

Thanks for the download, have always liked your stuff. Very natural and uncontrived.
Beau

Post by Beau »

Death To The West is awesome man. It sounds like Minor Threat but from a guy who isn't bent on tearing his vocal cords.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Cheers guys!

I had another few hours to spare this afternoon, so decided to polish up some more old recordings.

Here's an EP from 2010!
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Downloading now...