Fender/Squier expectation for NAMM

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Golden_Sonic

Fender/Squier expectation for NAMM

Post by Golden_Sonic »

We knew a bit of what we had to expect from the Winter NAMM in the past few years but nothing seems to be leaked this year (or I'm simply too retarded and misinformed about any news). Ok, If I'm not wrong, this year is the 50th anniversary of the Fender Mustang so maybe some custom shop model will be release (even if custom shop mustangs were released two years ago), some limited edition (some "competition" finishes) or something like this. I'm still hoping for the Cyclone return, both Fender and Squier version (big dreamer!). Maybe a Squier version of the Starcaster/Coronado (only one of the two, QUITE IMPROBABLE anyway); sure, some new finishes for stratos and teles (MAYBE something with binding) and other stupid, useless signature models, probably U2 (unless they've made something good like the Squier J Mascis).
And you? What do you expect?
-Guitar: Squier VM Mustang, Squier CV '50 Duo Sonic;
-Amplifier: Hughes&Kettner Blue Edition 60;
-FXs: Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95 Wah, Boss BD-2 Blues Drive, Proco RAT, Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo, EH Small Clone, MUZA FD900, Bespeco Volume pedal.
Addam

Post by Addam »

Weren't Mustangs released in 1964?
Making the 50th anniversary last year?
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

They're already on a roll with discontinuing most of the Classic Player models except for the Coronado and Starcaster, so I expect them to go ahead and discontinue the Squier Mustang and Jaguar.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Golden_Sonic

Post by Golden_Sonic »

Addam wrote:Weren't Mustangs released in 1964?
Making the 50th anniversary last year?
So I'm wrong (.-.)
-FXs: Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95 Wah, Boss BD-2 Blues Drive, Proco RAT, Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo, EH Small Clone, MUZA FD900, Bespeco Volume pedal.
George

Post by George »

The main thing I would like to see is a run of the electric xii, or a squier 12 string strat or some such
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

Fakir Mustache wrote:They're already on a roll with discontinuing most of the Classic Player models except for the Coronado and Starcaster, so I expect them to go ahead and discontinue the Squier Mustang and Jaguar.
The Coronado and Starcaster are Modern Player models. I hate that I know this.

No expectations at all of Fender. It's nice when they try something different, but that stuff never sells so it's quickly discontinued. I'm buying a Jaguar this year, so I'd like a Classic 60s Jag in charcoal frost or that gunmetal flake they used on the Supersonic RI.
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

I'd be surprised if they discontinued the Squier Jaguar. I think it's selling very well.
Golden_Sonic

Post by Golden_Sonic »

Me too: both jaguar, jazzmaster and mustang are selling well.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

There's a thread over at Offset with details of some new "Standard" Jazzmasters that have leaked. Got humbuckers and the same reverb handle location as the Classic Players.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

Yuck.
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

Also, when I think of Fender guitars, I think HUMBUCKERS!

Just stop it.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

I guess Fender's market research is telling them people want humbuckers?

To be fair, there are plenty of single coil options for Jazzmasters these days (AV65s, Classic 60s, TVL, Classic Player, Squier VM).

Here's some pics (just for Timhulio ;) ):

Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
YuriK

Post by YuriK »

Those would be really nice if they werent humbuckers.
Beau In Space wrote:I hear this guy uses a capo.
Josh wrote:THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU POUR WINE ON IT INSTEAD OF BEER.
euan wrote:stop trying to put guitar mojo arrows on yuri's dick
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

I kinda like that white/black one just as it is.

Not enough to buy it mind, if they gave it normal white jazzmaster pickups I'd probably be in.
George

Post by George »

Boring monochrome finishes and too much bland and black hardware, sort of like the Thurston sigs. And fuck a zebra humbucker. Also, even if the rhythm circuit isn't used much, I still feel it's part of the proper aesthetic not to be taken away
George

Post by George »

AND NO TREM LOCKS OR FENDER STAMPED PLATE. FUCK THAT.

These are essentially blacktops but even more boring
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

I don't mind the humbuckers much but yet more pickup rings and a pickguard?

Watch this space for sunburst and CAR versions.
Shabba.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

timhulio wrote:
Fakir Mustache wrote:They're already on a roll with discontinuing most of the Classic Player models except for the Coronado and Starcaster, so I expect them to go ahead and discontinue the Squier Mustang and Jaguar.
The Coronado and Starcaster are Modern Player models. I hate that I know this.
I did mean Modern Player. They should have better names like Chinese Player and Indonesian Classic and Mexican Lizard series. Actually I want to call them "Chinese Player", easier to remember.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Rox

Post by Rox »

The Coronado and Starcasters are actually Modern Players .. But I see them being so cool that Fender will have to discontinue them and replace it with another original Stratocaster in cum bucket purple or something.. :(
Golden_Sonic

Post by Golden_Sonic »

BearBoy wrote:I guess Fender's market research is telling them people want humbuckers?

To be fair, there are plenty of single coil options for Jazzmasters these days (AV65s, Classic 60s, TVL, Classic Player, Squier VM).

Here's some pics (just for Timhulio ;) ):

So what about the Modern Player Jazzmaster?! People want Fender with humbuckers?! SO BRING BACK THE TORONADO AND CYCLONE BAKA!