Buzz Mig Fuff

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Fakir Mustache

Buzz Mig Fuff

Post by Fakir Mustache »

It's an ENO BMF fuzz.
the tone knob is indeed labeled "SUSTAIN" and the fuzz knob "TONE", as is already known about this pedal.

It has lots of gain, too much even with the middle knob in that position, I back it a bit from how it is in the picture.

It seems to be some kind of Sovtek copy I would say, I don't know if "Civil War" or green Russian, but it seems some of the "Civil War" Muffs had the green circuit, the earlier ones having the Red Army Overdrive circuit.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

Yeah, I have the same thing. The Donner "stylish fuzz" with the BUSTAIN knob.
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
damienblair17

Post by damienblair17 »

theshadowofseattle wrote:Yeah, I have the same thing. The Donner "stylish fuzz" with the BUSTAIN knob.
Would you recommend the Stylish Fuzz (for someone who is used to say, a russian reissue)? I could use another cheap Muff style fuzz.

Either of you, not just Shad.
Doog wrote:The perfect marriage of Teh Kurdtz and Teh Durstz.
RUN AMOK!

KESSEL RUN!
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I don't know if I recommend it, I couldn't get it to sound better than this:
[youtube][/youtube]
but I could easily make it sound worse. On the other hand, I don't have a mids control on my amp and if I turned the tone up on the fuff it got too mid-rangey; it was at around 11 o'clock.

Maybe I'm not into Muff fuzzes. I tried a Sovtek "Civil War" brand new in a shop in the 90s, liked it, but I had different tastes back then. Also tried someone's original 1970s USA, I borrowed it long enough to know I don't like it.

More recently I tried a Mojo Hand fx Colossus in a shop, not with my gear of course, I kind of thought it wasn't that good for 150 €, but also I was kind of pissed off they changed the graphics and it looks kind of stupid. I know it doesn't matter that much, but for that price I would rather have it look cool.

On the other hand, I like the Eno metal distortion a lot, you can get much fuller sounds, you can even get it somewhat fuzz sounding, much more versatile.
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
damienblair17

Post by damienblair17 »

Right on man. Although I guess for $30 I could take a chance and not have it matter too much.
Doog wrote:The perfect marriage of Teh Kurdtz and Teh Durstz.
RUN AMOK!

KESSEL RUN!
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

I started using it again, although differently, with humbuckers. The tone all the way up and the fuzz knob a bit after three o'clock.

Not bad at all, although I couldn't really get a good sound with single coils.

Put knobs on it because I hate knobless shafts.
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

Fakir Mustache wrote:I hate knobless shafts.
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)