Michelle Mosley's "Gospel"

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Michelle Mosley's "Gospel"

Post by pumpkin »

I was chatting with Michelle Mosley on Facebook and she shared some photos of the Gospel her Dad, Semie Mosley made for her... Beautiful.

pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah what is this?

its like unisoap with some pink/sonic blue mixed in
dots wrote:incesticide
YuriK

Post by YuriK »

Its fucking awesome
Beau In Space wrote:I hear this guy uses a capo.
Josh wrote:THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU POUR WINE ON IT INSTEAD OF BEER.
euan wrote:stop trying to put guitar mojo arrows on yuri's dick
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

YuriK wrote:Its fucking awesome
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Ankhanu wrote:
YuriK wrote:Its fucking awesome
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

wrote:At the time Kurt died, I was secretly working with Loretta Mosley to build Kurt a lefty Gospel," ".in some cool color."
Able to ask about this? Just stumbled upon it and curious s'all.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

robroe wrote:woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah what is this?

its like unisoap with some pink/sonic blue mixed in
I think I'm seeing a tub of after-dinner mints melted into Mosrite mold of whipped cream. And it's fantastic.

jamba72

Post by jamba72 »

nice piece of rockin popart..
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

I've seen a couple of instruments Semie made for family members over the years and they're always extra fly.

It's a shame that the Mosrite legacy is so copied and not centralized. His family should have carried on his designs. I think his last wife runs one company, his daughter runs another. The Japanese have their own companies, you got ex employees who worked with Semie building Mosrite style guitars. Then you got companies like Hallmark taking his designs. Then you even have companies now making copies of Mosrite copies. It's kinda crazy.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

jcyphe wrote:I've seen a couple of instruments Semie made for family members over the years and they're always extra fly.

It's a shame that the Mosrite legacy is so copied and not centralized. His family should have carried on his designs. I think his last wife runs one company, his daughter runs another. The Japanese have their own companies, you got ex employees who worked with Semie building Mosrite style guitars. Then you got companies like Hallmark taking his designs. Then you even have companies now making copies of Mosrite copies. It's kinda crazy.
Here's the story as I understand it...

Fillmore, a Japanese company, have the rights to make Mosrite guitars. These rights were secured from Loretta Mosley, Semie's widow. (I dunno if Loretta is still alive or not).

Dana Mosley is assembling Mosrites using Fillmore bodies and necks, but using her own hand wound "Dana-Mo" pickups. I have learned this from various forums. (I enquired about buying one from Dana, messages were not returned, pffft.)

Ed Roman sells Fillmore Mosrites (He's dead now from what I understand so he himself ain't selling shit, whomever got his store is selling them now there as far as I know)

There is another company making Mosrite clones in Japan KuroKumo

From what i have read, ALL of these are good guitars but the Fillmores are not cheap.

Hallmark Guitars (Bob Shade) are nice but unless it's a custom order, it's not made in the U.S.A. they are assembled in the U.S.A.

Lastly E.F. Elliot makes a Mosrite styled guitar. He worked for Semie for years, his Mosrites are just gorgeous. I have never played one but he's only about 4 hours away from me in Oklahoma so I am thinking to drive down some Saturday to check out his stuff. He hand makes everything, even casts his own trems. His are amazing, probably the closest you can get to a Mosrite in terms of build quality you're gonna get unless you buy a used one Semie made.

I own a Hallmark, it's the best guitar I own (I also own a Rickenbacker 330 and a Gibson Firebird) they are priced right and play great. They have wider neck than a Mosrite would. Bob Shade is a Mosrite collector and enthusiast... his design improvements to the neck are really great (Semie's Mosrites, the necks are too narrow for my taste).

I have played a 1.) Dana Moseley Fillmore Mosrite, 2.) two 1960s original Mosrites, and of course 3.)my own Hallmark. The Hallmark beat them all in terms of playability.
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

jcyphe wrote:I've seen a couple of instruments Semie made for family members over the years and they're always extra fly.

Here's the story as I understand it...

Fillmore, a Japanese company, have the rights to make Mosrite guitars. These rights were secured from Loretta Mosley, Semie's widow. (I dunno if Loretta is still alive or not).

Dana Mosley is assembling Mosrites using Fillmore bodies and necks, but using her own hand wound "Dana-Mo" pickups. I have learned this from various forums. (I enquired about buying one from Dana, messages were not returned, pffft.)

Ed Roman sells Fillmore Mosrites (He's dead now from what I understand so he himself ain't selling shit, whomever got his store is selling them now there as far as I know)

There is another company making Mosrite clones in Japan KuroKumo

From what i have read, ALL of these are good guitars but the Fillmores are not cheap.

Hallmark Guitars (Bob Shade) are nice but unless it's a custom order, it's not made in the U.S.A. they are assembled in the U.S.A.

Lastly E.F. Elliot makes a Mosrite styled guitars. He worked for Semie for years, his Mosrites are just gorgeous. I have never played one but he's only about 4 hours away from me in Oklahoma so I am thinking to drive down some Saturday to check out his stuff. He hand makes everything, even casts his own trems. His are amazing, probably the closest you can get to a Mosrite in terms of build quality you're gonna get unless you buy a used one Semie made.

I own a Hallmark, it's the best guitar I own (I also own a Rickenbacker 330 and a Gibson Firebird) they are priced right and play great. They have wider neck than a Mosrite would. Bob Shade is a Mosrite collector and enthusiast... his design improvements to the neck are really great (Semie's Mosrites, the necks are too narrow for my taste).

I have played a 1.) Dana Moseley Fillmore Mosrite, 2.) two 1960s original Mosrites, and of course 3.)my own Hallmark. The Hallmark beat them all in terms of playability.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

That pretty much sounds right.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.