Guitar Strap Hardware?

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Zack

Guitar Strap Hardware?

Post by Zack »

Didn't quite know where to put this, but since it's essentially a diy project I guessed this might suffice. If it doesn't belong here, please move it.

So I recently got back from Peru & Ecuador earlier this month and while I was in Peru I went on a search for guitar straps as it came to mind while I was in the midst of travels. Anyway, I'm pretty sure what I ended up buying are not guitar straps but it was sort of impossible to find them in the first place. We ended up going on what seemed like a wild goose chase and I didn't want to leave empty handed. I figured I could buy some hardware, look through my scrap leather (or buy a thicker stock) and augment what I think are some form of belts into guitar straps. The biggest downside is that all of the metal hardware I've found on the internet are capped out at like 2" and these "straps" are something like 2 3/4" so I'm looking for 3" metal loops and slides. I did manage to find a 3" plastic slide, but I'd rather go for metal if I could find it and they don't have 3" loops. I probably could just forget the loop on one side and just sew the leather straight to the weave, but I'll need a loop for the other side. Anyone got any ideas ?

Here are the straps:

speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Don't know if this will help you, but I've used them for slides and buckles for gun straps.

http://www.strapworks.com/Default.asp
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
Zack

Post by Zack »

Thanks, that's the place I found the 3" plastic slide. I thought more about it and maybe I'll pick up some metal rods and try to bend them to my required shape and size or ask them if they can do a custom order.