Fender Saddles

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Mattsican

Fender Saddles

Post by Mattsican »

Does anyone know where i can buy a new set of the screws for height adjustments on the Fender stamped saddles? String thru. Im looking to try and buy some shorter ones because the ones on my PS Mustang Special stick out and dig into the side of my hand while playing. I was thinking about buying these but theyre out of stock. I bought a set for my Squier tele deluxe and theyre perfect. If i could just buy some shorter height adjustment screws though that'd be ideal.
facebook.com/Steelscape
facebook.com/GetToMars
visceral

Post by visceral »

As a friendly reminder you might not want to just slap on some shorter screws without measuring/adjusting string height after installation and re-radius the saddles. Check out Graph Tech string saver site, and see if they have a set of saddles that will fit your Mustang special. Their design looks similar to the American saddle look which is typically more comfortable based on others opinions. *Tried to make my statement more clear lol sorry lack of sleep*
Last edited by visceral on Tue May 12, 2015 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mattsican

Post by Mattsican »

I wouldn't think that putting in some shorter screws would be that big of deal. The height of the saddles wouldn't change at all, there would just not be as much of the screw sticking up out of the saddles to scratch the bejesus out of my hands.
facebook.com/Steelscape
facebook.com/GetToMars
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

cogito ergo sum...thing or other...
Mattsican

Post by Mattsican »

fuckin' smart. Thanks!
facebook.com/Steelscape
facebook.com/GetToMars
visceral

Post by visceral »

^ If you take out all the screws (those are what adjust the height of the string action) and put new screws in, you will at least need to radius the height all over again and measure string height for adjustment. Maybe not complete re-intonation but as long as your in there I'd check it if you do your own setups. Otherwise if not you'll get charged the install and a setup usually. Did you at least check out those other saddles I mentioned? *I edited my previous post, sorry, lack of sleep and I wasn't very clear*
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

lol, maybe just shim the neck? At least that's free.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

The prices people charge for guitar screws are ridiculous when they're just standard parts.

Your bridge will either take #4-40 (US) or M3 (metric) screws. Probably M3.

http://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/So ... 401008.htm

Or if it's #4-40:

http://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/So ... /60000.htm

These durable stainless screws are pennies a piece and are honestly much, much better quality than "guitar" screws, which are often quite soft metal.

By the way, the same website is great for all kinds of screws. Pickguard screws, neck bolts, bridge screws, etc.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.