Dano on sweetwater, finally :D

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

AaronGuitarDude

Dano on sweetwater, finally :D

Post by AaronGuitarDude »

jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

ok
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
George

Post by George »

NOS Lipstick pickups built well over a decade ago
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I've always wanted a Dano but been holding out for that free bag of candy and 3 follow-up phone calls.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

If you buy an NOS, is your heart still filled with hate?
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

paul_ wrote:I've always wanted a Dano but been holding out for that free bag of candy and 3 follow-up phone calls.
My wife bought me a tuner from Sweetwater about 6 years ago. She still gets follow up emails from her "sales rep" Ben Porter.

We know the dude's name. That's how many emails there have been.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Mine's called Andy, he's a lovely chap but I need some space.

He actually called once to say a cable I'd ordered was out of stock so if I didn't mind the longer version he'd give it to me for the shorter one's price, I shouldn't rag on this service outright, it just occurs more than necessary.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

At least it's better than the stupid daily emails Jaime sends me from Hello Music: "Celebrate with Telebration!" No, I don't think I will Jaime.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

singlepup wrote:If you buy an NOS, is your heart still filled with hate?
It's just the pickups that are NOS, so the pickups don't directly support discrimination towards gay people, but they probably would if you asked them

On the subject of Sweetwater, the contrast provided by this guys' t-shirt made me think was just wearing the waistcoat and suffocating

[youtube][/youtube]
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Doog wrote:
singlepup wrote:If you buy an NOS, is your heart still filled with hate?
It's just the pickups that are NOS, so the pickups don't directly support discrimination towards gay people, but they probably would if you asked them
Those are also not available yet, so you have to pay a reserve on the hate.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
George

Post by George »

that gretsch is hideous
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

Lol for like 100 more dollars you can get a vintage Silvertone dano with og lipsticks. These would be good beaters to trash so my silvertone stays fresh though. Hmm.
plaidbeer

Post by plaidbeer »

I never get random calls or emails from my Sweetwater sales guy (Brendan). The only time I hear from him is when I order from him and he's never been pushy or sales-y. I just wish they would pick up Catalinbread and Earthquaker.
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

They need to bring back the dano pro so bad. I'd snap up a used one in a second.