Switching necks

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

JJLipton

Switching necks

Post by JJLipton »

So I've been lusting after a Yngwie strat or a strat with a scalloped fretboard for quite some time. The thing is, i don't really like the colors they have available. Plus the price of the yjm is so expensive here. Would it be possible to buy YJM strat neck and put it onto a 70s style fender body?
JJLipton

Post by JJLipton »

Every time a YJM strat comes up for a good price over here it sells almost immediately. But sometimes YJM strats stay up for sale for years....they only seem to sell out whenever i develop an interest in them. I swear there's a secret network of dickheads that conspires to buy guitars split seconds before i can.
HNB

Post by HNB »

Pretty sure you can swap that neck on to any Strat body you like. You could even put it on a Jazzmaster if you wanted.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

A licensed "YM" Mighty Mite neck popped up this week over here for ₩200k: LINK.

But yeah, Pee-Bay would seem to be the source for variety: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/scalloped-neck
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Buy a cheap squier strat neck and scallop yourself? Might be a fun/disastrous project.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

There are a few Fender "part out" sellers on eBay USA. I'm sure scalloped necks come up now and then. Do a saved search and wait.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
JJLipton

Post by JJLipton »

Thanks for the replies!!! I broke down and bought an old small headstock 90's style yngwie strat though. They're very common over here