Fokus H Mustang modifications

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

Just a quick question... Weird fucking shit. I seem to get a lot of fret buzz on my A string, only on the one. I know the nut is absolutely fine, since no buzz on the open string and first three frets. Every other string is fine, just that bitch buzzes like hell... Not a string problem, the old ones did that too... Any solutions?
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Those kinds of problems can be weird. I had this weird string buzz on my bass, G string. It didn't look like the bridge, it didn't look like the nut. Moved the string a bit to see if it was the bridge.

Well I was pretty confused, but it was actually one of the screws kind of loose on the neck pickup, which is really low, maybe even not really the screw because I didn't take the scratchplate off to see, but it could have been just the spring. Really don't know, but I raised the pickup not even high enough to see a difference, and the buzz is gone.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

I seem to be unable to find any problems... gonna drop it off to a luthier to level my frets... Some of them badly need more than me with a sandpaper, but that still wouldn't explain why only the A string buzzes.
vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

Well. installed a ring and a gretsch broad-tron pickup into it... Those pickups are really good, lots of mids and very clear even with tons of distortion. I wouldn't use bigger than 250K pots tho... They have just the nice amount of treble now. Some punky effects added in the background, because i think the guitar is finally getting that punky vibe i wanted from the start. :D well... next step is making the body thinner to look legit from the audience. :D
vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

This dude officially aproved my guitar to be rad as hell. :D
NickS

Post by NickS »

Until I saw this:
vojtasTS29 wrote:This dude officially aproved my guitar to be rad as hell. :D
I thought you were a lot older than I had previously assumed....
Personal pronouns he/him
vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

I am unfortunatelly not the best guitar player on earth :/ Being out with the band and the tour crew, even for how short of a while that was was one of the best moments of my life. They are all just wonderful people!
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Awesome.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

A small update on my side. Installed a pickguard from a MG-65 i got from ebay and got me propper switchcraft switches. The body got quite beat over time and it now has marks from me getting the gunked off clearcoat off. Kinda regret it, kinda don't. Tbh i was comparing it to the new Mex stangs, VM jazzmaster and a 1996 jag-stang today and i wouldn't exchange. The pickups it has right now are a Dimarzio PAF and a squier vm single coil under the cover. I'd say it sounds pretty good. :)Image
op4blushift

Post by op4blushift »

This is pretty fucking cool. I got a Harley Benton stang recently and I'm going to replace the pickguard and get a control plate like you've got on yours (plus the usual pickup replacements and what not). Didn't realise there was a copy identical to the Harley Benton but with the more mustang headstock, but I kinda dig the Harley Benton one so it's cool.
vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

Thanks :) This guitar is lovely, and i bet the harley benton is, too. I honestly feel like the new chinese guitars are better made, than many expensive instruments :D
vojtasTS29

Post by vojtasTS29 »

Soo, umm i fucked around with this guitar once again. I use it as my jack of all trades thingy, but lately i just started to really dig the way my tele with a 52 pickup from Mr. Tůma sounded. So i got myself a twangbanger and I'm loving it so much. It really comes alive with fuzz and using the both pickups at once thingy is just amazing. The neck pickup is currently a duo-sonic bobbin with steel slugs and a massive ceramic magnet glued to the bottom.