Mustang Noob Help 101

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Sally Cinnamon

Mustang Noob Help 101

Post by Sally Cinnamon »

I've been a mustang owner for nearly a week now and i must say it is awesome, except for one small thing that i'm sure others have encountered and easily solved...i apologise if this has been answered a million times already but i couldn't find anything helpful.

Basically when i'm playing and strumming along those pesky little pickup switches can't help but be in my way. How have others overcome this without changing how i play because i can't see that happening...is there some kind of lower profile switch they can be replaced with :?: . really want to sort this out before i do any damage to the electronics or the switch itself....cheers 8) 8)
Here we go again, we're on the road again.
We're on the road again, we're on the way to paradise.
We love the jungle deep, that's where the lion sleeps
For then those evil eyes, they have no place in paradise...
Zack

Post by Zack »

You could get some longer screws to have the switch tops closer to the pickguard. Pickups are adjusted by height with screws & springs which could be done to the switches, might make them less flimsy if that's an issue.
Sally Cinnamon

Post by Sally Cinnamon »

Zack wrote:You could get some longer screws to have the switch tops closer to the pickguard. Pickups are adjusted by height with screws & springs which could be done to the switches, might make them less flimsy if that's an issue.
so i can lower the switches into the body so less of the switch is exposed?
Here we go again, we're on the road again.
We're on the road again, we're on the way to paradise.
We love the jungle deep, that's where the lion sleeps
For then those evil eyes, they have no place in paradise...
Zack

Post by Zack »

yea, but you're gonna need longer screws because stock screws are too short to do what you want.
markleton

Post by markleton »

Longer screws wouldn't work too well by themselves. Longer screws alone would mean rattling switches that wobble around. You can use some washers or springs or tubing to push against the switch and pickguard would be a better idea. It would end up looking like how pickups mount to a pickguard, you can adjust them and they wont move around.