Farewell tracks from The Afterparty

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

NickS

Farewell tracks from The Afterparty

Post by NickS »

Some of Matt and Nic's demos for the album that now won't be released.
http://soundcloud.com/theafterpartyuk/ ... lbum-demos
All guitar and bass is Matt, not sure about writing credits.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Oh, have they called it a day then? Apologies if you've posted that they have - I must have missed it.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Yeah, industry types weren't enthusiastic enough following the (sold-out 250 capacity) showcase gig in London so the bass player decided he was going to pursue a solo acoustic career based in Cornwall.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Getting a replacement bass player wasn't on the cards?
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
NickS

Post by NickS »

I think the bass player quitting is a natural break. According to their manager they need a name change and possibly to follow their own route rather than follow a trend (he had told them previously to try for a pop-ier sound). Search me which trend it was, just sounds like (mostly) high-energy pop with some nice technical guitar to me, Doog reckons it's emo. They've been trying for 5 years and personally I thought they were building a following, but not quickly enough. They've had some nice messages about how their lyrics have helped people through difficult times, etc. Some fans have even had lyric and song title tattoos done.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

NickS wrote:I think the bass player quitting is a natural break. According to their manager they need a name change and possibly to follow their own route rather than follow a trend (he had told them previously to try for a pop-ier sound). Search me which trend it was, just sounds like (mostly) high-energy pop with some nice technical guitar to me, Doog reckons it's emo. They've been trying for 5 years and personally I thought they were building a following, but not quickly enough. They've had some nice messages about how their lyrics have helped people through difficult times, etc
Manager sounds like a bit of a twat although, to be fair, he quite probably knows far more than I do about promoting a successful band. Seems a shame to split when they did have a following but hopefully some of those people will pick up on whatever your son does next.
NickS wrote:Some fans have even had lyric and song title tattoos done.
You going to get those removed now? ;)
NickS

Post by NickS »

According to this programme I was watching, the thing to do with an unwanted tattoo is get it overwritten with something far worse. I was thinking of a portrait of Elvis

One girl had "Open Road", a song title, done. Matt said Johno from Basingstoke band Treasures has had it tattooed on his knuckles.

Then I noticed James from Deaf Havana has "Open Road" inked on his knuckles, which seems like a strange coincidence.