FUGD

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

dezb1
The Oppressor

FUGD

Post by dezb1 »

Free Ugly Guitar Day...

Sorted a book at works guitar and he gave me this as a thankyou, as he knows I like to mid stuff... Peavey Raptor special
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

You could cut down the horns a wee bit and it'd look quite tidy.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Like this?

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Perfect. :lol:

I meant more Jaguarish.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

It's not even the shape that's so bad. It's just a funny shaped strat, so it looks dumb. Like it was supposed to grow up to be a Stratocaster but made all the wrong decisions in life.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

A lot of Cort guitars suffer in the same way.
markleton

Post by markleton »

One of these was my very first guitar. I kinda liked it even after I upgraded to an Epiphone Les Paul. I even liked the wonky 'offset' stylings
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

"Okay guys we need a strat copy. Designer Doug, how are you set up to give us a recognisable but non-trademark infringing strat copy?"

"HYUK HYUK GUIZE, I'LL JUST DRAW AALLLL THE WAY OVER HEYA, AND THEN GO WOOGLY BOOGLY HEYA, AND THEN WE GO ALL WEEEEE WHERE THAT BITS SUPPOSED TO BE."

"... Goddamnit, Doug... Fine, whatever, who gives a shit, it'll probably end up £75 at Cash Converters anyway."
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Oh sweet, The Shinning in guitar form.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

NO
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

So, what's the plan?
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

I am unsure, selling isn't an option as I've had it on ebay since I got it and no one wants it. It isn't a bad guitar it makes decent Strat noises, it's just small weirdly shaped and rather ugly, and I'll never play it.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

That headstock looks pretty cool though, it would fit really well with a v or other pointy shape.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Black pickguard with just bridge and neck p'ups might turn 1 or 2 heads.

With humbuckers (if routed for them) and the bulbous black body it could be an Ultracure Jr., though w/Latin antonym in place: the Infracure.
► Show Spoiler
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

That's not a bad idea, wouldn't look as bad blacked out... Even black knobs and pickup cover would make a difference.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

dezb1 wrote:That's not a bad idea, wouldn't look as bad blacked out... Even black knobs and pickup cover would make a difference.
It would look cool black'd out or Gilmour'd (just a black pickguard and leave everything else as is) but bear in mind that does mean finding a new pickguard for this model in black which might be a pain, or just plain pricey. I was always fond of that "International Color" look on a run of early '80s Strats.

Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
JJLipton

Post by JJLipton »

It looks like a normal strat melted in an oven.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I think this body shape took the place of more dead-on strat copies at some point (presumably for legal reasons though I thought all bets besides the headstock were off, so who knows) sold under both Raptor and Predator model names. They seem to have yet another body design each now, and the Predator has gone all top-routy and double EMGbuckerish.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

paul_ wrote:
dezb1 wrote:That's not a bad idea, wouldn't look as bad blacked out... Even black knobs and pickup cover would make a difference.
It would look cool black'd out or Gilmour'd (just a black pickguard and leave everything else as is) but bear in mind that does mean finding a new pickguard for this model in black which might be a pain, or just plain pricey. I was always fond of that "International Color" look on a run of early '80s Strats.

This is most likely what's getting done as I can't find a black guard and a custom one would be ore than the guitar is worth...