The guitar that Doog built...

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Thomas

The guitar that Doog built...

Post by Thomas »

Well kinda. This is the guitar I put together while listening to his new album (that I looo-ooove!). Anyhoo, this used to be my black Jaguar. I found that I wasn't playing it as it turned out a wee bit heavy and compared to my other Jag it just didn't get used . This was built around a Cobain Jaguar body that I got as part of a trade.

The neck pickup is an Entwhistle x65 and the bridge is a SD trembucker. It's wired without the Rhythm section. Just 2 on-off switches and the 3rd switch splits the humbucker. I was going to put the upper circuit inbut the dimensions of this are different to the plate/bracket I have to hand. It could use another pick guard too as the fit isn't the best.

This still has the TOM posts, I just drilled out an old Jaguar bridge base I had so It fits over the posts. String height can now be adjusted with the thumbscrews. Saddles are from a Mustang. It's rock solid. Plus it matches the 7.25" raduis (and the stock TOM wouldn't have).

The Cobain body is very light, balances with the neck perfectly the overall weight is very similar to my 60s Jag. So overall I'm super happy!!

Excuse the shitty photo, there's no light in here.

NickS

Post by NickS »

NIce, looks like a proper working guitar. You just need a reverb handle.

Or not.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Yaaaay, happy to be the soundtrack to the new AXE; I actually really like it, and I'm not normally a go-er for a sunburst.
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Looks sharp to me. The black shit around the bucker even works with the zebra pup and the guard. Impressive.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

The black shit is my fave bit. It'd probably look better with a black robroes on the single coil. Like it had when it had a mustang pickup in there before. I'll pop one on next string change.
paulnb57

Post by paulnb57 »

Nice ax!

Paul
Cover me in Chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians