Annie Clark of St Vincent designs her own sig guitar

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

benecol
Best Poster 2010

Annie Clark of St Vincent designs her own sig guitar

Post by benecol »

I expect Doog to buy one. Interesting spiel here about the ergonomics etc, Ernie Ball link here.

Has a little of the Fret King Esprit (the what?) to my eyes. And a fugly headstock. But I like her.

Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Probably wouldn't like it except that I love St Vincent and now love this.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

I like this a lot!

Whether I'd play one, I'm not sure, but it certainly looks great.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

The shape is cool. I don't like the inlays or the strat knobs. Quite like the idea of a bolt on with a mahogany body and a rosewood neck though.
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

I'm digging it. Kindve reminds me of those quirky vintage Sears/Montgomery ward guitars in a way.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

I've drawn a very similar shape and thought it was too wacky. Ernie ball headstock shape ruins a lot of good guitar shapes. I halfway like it.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Love her but fuck this thing.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

You can see the MM Armada bit in that top. Like it or love it, it's kinda funky and fitting for such a larger-than-life character on stage that she is.

Was a bit of a shame that after the Brooklyn show from the Fall that she put away the Moollon VT's for good...we were rather optimistic at the time (and Mr.Park being a huge fan of hers), but alas, we don't even have a promotional budget to throw cash as folks. May not have liked the Moollies much, though more sensibly the fact that she'd already been toting several Albert Lee models for a while would make logical sense for a future MM collaboration ;)
Johnny Alien

Post by Johnny Alien »

I'm not sure why but I really dig this thing.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

A piece of tasteless shit. I like St. Vincent only because she is hot. Her music is a pile of spiritual shit. But she is hot. But her music is a pile of unformed shit. As well as her newly designed guitars. A big pile of tasteless shit. But she is hot. Yeah. I like her a lot
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Well at least you find her physically attractive, I'm sure that's a great comfort to her.

Anyhow, prefer this version:

dub

Post by dub »

sunshiner wrote:
Sorry man, you're going to have to post a picture of yourself now so I can determine whether you're hot enough for me to put up with this garbage.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

dub wrote:
sunshiner wrote:
Sorry man, you're going to have to post a picture of yourself now so I can determine whether you're hot enough for me to put up with this garbage.
Why? It's called diversity. You or somebody else can call Oasis a pile of shit and I don't ask you to show me the evidence that your tune was on the radio, or that your music picks the interest of at least 10 people who follow you and support, or that you can allow yourself to appear on the central tv channels wearing coat indoors and saying "fuck" every ten seconds, or that you once knocked out your brother on stage and ruined the show for a couple of thousands people who have no clue in music and for that reason came from far away to listen to you.
I'm going to repeat that musicwise St.Vincet is unformed pile of shit, period. That guitars are utterly tasteless shit. She is hot
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Did Rob actually follow his own advice and move?
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

benecol wrote:Well at least you find her physically attractive, I'm sure that's a great comfort to her.

Anyhow, prefer this version:

so I guess you must have seen this:
lol that expression on Ace's face at the top.

really makes me think more of this:
Wurlitzer guitar
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Hhmmm. Not sure. Do love St Vincent though. Actor is a phenomenal album, and i really like her stage theatrics.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Fucking hell, sunshiner.
Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

I'm not a fan of angular/pointy guitars (this just looks like a nicer-on-the-eyes Explorer) but I'm sure it works really well for her.

It's just, the last time I saw a pic of her on stage, she had either an acoustic or old-school archtop jazz box. It's a bit surprising to me for her to want a guitar like this, so I assume she's a lot more eclectic and flamboyant than I thought.

Note to self: listen to more Saint Vincent.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

I guess you could say she has pretty eclectic taste in guitars (spoiler for photobomb):
► Show Spoiler
Some huge tunes as well, although I'm not a superfan by any stretch of the imagination (spoiler for YouTube-bomb, ha...):
► Show Spoiler
Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

^Wow, that's very cool indeed. Yet another name to add to my list of "artists I should've been a fan of for years already."