At last, a cheap alternative to the Warmoth bridge.

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

honeyiscool

At last, a cheap alternative to the Warmoth bridge.

Post by honeyiscool »

If you want ultimate cheap offset bridge that has Warmoth Modified Mustang style saddles that let you set any radius, you can get this:

Chrome Steel Metal Guitar Bridge Fit for Fender Mustang Jaguar/ Jazzmaster

For the price, I thought, what's the risk? So I've tried this out myself. The only minor downside (other than really long to ship it to USA) is that those height adjustment screws are way too frickin' long, but you can get a set of M3 screws from your favorite fastener company to fix that issue. Me, personally, I get them from here:

Albany County Fasteners - M3 x .5 Socket Set Screw Cup Point Metric A2 Stainless Steel

I have a pile of 8mm and 6mm M3 screws. They seem to work well.

The other interesting thing is the mounting cups that come with these bridges. They're tighter than your standard Mustang/Jazz/Jag bridge cups and are more like the MIM Jazz/Jag cups that grip the bridge more tightly so you can put a standard Jazz/Jag/Mustang bridge in there without any tape around the posts and they will always be centered. Using tighter posts, the bridge will still rock a little bit under vibrato use, but seem to come back to the same spot a lot better than the standard design. However, they're not a direct retrofit to the vintage style mounting cups, so I don't suggest fitting them to a valued instrument unless you have a really good reason to.

They're cheap bridges, sure, so don't expect them to replace a Staytrem, but they sure work great. And saddles have no gaps, either.

All in all, the posts and the bridge combination reminds me a lot of Blacktop Jazzmaster bridges.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

I'd have gotten this if I didn't already have these

Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

GraphTech saddles, huh. I tried some of those saddles for my friend's Blacktop Jazz. They worked out very nicely on that guitar.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I think this is the same as the MIM Blacktop and Squier VM bridge.

Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"