Cloak Audio

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Cloak Audio

Post by timhulio »

This is officially launching on the 1st December, but here's a sneaky pic. This unusual fuzz pedal is available to try in Regent Sounds on Denmark St right now. More stockists coming soon...

Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

i want one... what is it?
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

Heya Brandon. It's a synth-fuzz thing. This is the blurb I'm sticking in the instruction document:
"The Cloak Audio Jackdaw is a unique fuzz pedal. Combining two synthy-sounding octave fuzzes run in parallel - an upper and lower octave fuzz - it covers the whole frequency range. It's dirty and snarly on the low notes, almost like a malfunctioning analogue synth, and relentlessly precise on the higher notes. It is always rewardingly noisy! These parallel fuzzes are mixed together and fed into a filter circuit, the characteristics of which can be changed from a regular tone control to fixed-wah to an envelope-following, more vocal sounding filter."

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

is the case graffic a tribute to the eau claire thunder ?
dots wrote:incesticide
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

No, it's a tribute to Portlandia's "put a bird on it" sketch.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

looks like a plague doctor
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

timhulio wrote:Heya Brandon. It's a synth-fuzz thing. This is the blurb I'm sticking in the instruction document:
"The Cloak Audio Jackdaw is a unique fuzz pedal. Combining two synthy-sounding octave fuzzes run in parallel - an upper and lower octave fuzz - it covers the whole frequency range. It's dirty and snarly on the low notes, almost like a malfunctioning analogue synth, and relentlessly precise on the higher notes. It is always rewardingly noisy! These parallel fuzzes are mixed together and fed into a filter circuit, the characteristics of which can be changed from a regular tone control to fixed-wah to an envelope-following, more vocal sounding filter."

WHOOHOOOO i want one.. I'll get my friend to demo it also.. rad!
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Looks nice.

Is this different from a Fredric Effect then?
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

Fakir Mustache wrote:looks like a plague doctor
Indeed!
Different from Fredric
Cloak Audio is smaller runs of more complicated original effects, sold just through dealers. Because there are currently 20 pedals in the Fredric range, I thought it better to branch this one off as it's own thing! If you're in town, Regent Sounds have this one in stock.
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

Site is up, with demo!

http://cloakaudio.co.uk/