The Case of the Naked Flying V

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

NickS

The Case of the Naked Flying V

Post by NickS »

The zip on my Kinsman Flying V gig bag keeps splitting open, so I was looking for a case.

>>This one<< seems like good value, but it seems to have a bit of a funny smell:
Extra thick plush padding on the inside of the case ensures for a near envy inspiring wellness atmosphere
Is that a whiff of bullshit?
The Fame guitar cases are made by the famous manufacturers who also produce the cases for many US premium forges. With these very high quality constructed wood-core cases, the main highlight is the high, road-ready stability with a comfortable carrying weight.
Is that a typo for forgers? Or do they really make cases for travelling blacksmiths?

Any experience of Fame cases welcomed....
NickS

Post by NickS »

Looks like Fame is a DV247 own brand.
The SBK V case gets mixed reviews; apparently the hinges get stressed out by the funny geometry and fail after a while.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Well, I got hyped into buying a TGI wooden case ("TGI build cases for many major guitar manufaturers") I thought for £67 it would be decent. It's basically plywood covered with a Tolex type material, stitched through the cardboard? lip.

It's made in China and the external finish is OK but the fittings are very cheap and lightweight. The green crushed velvet covered padded interior is pretty much OK but seems to have been fitted by someone on a production line with 30 seconds to do the work, so it doesn't fit tight on all the corners and curves and a bit of foam is peeping out inside the accessories compartment.

I suppose it's wood and should protect the guitar well enough so I'll keep it but I don't think it's a $100 value, as they say in the Land of the Free.

Pics at the weekend, I guess.
Fakir Mustache

Re: The Case of the Naked Flying V

Post by Fakir Mustache »

NickS wrote:Or do they really make cases for travelling blacksmiths?
It's possible, I've seen them stamp coins in the Old Town Square in Prague.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts