Cheap drums or decent v-kit

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

Ankhanu

Cheap drums or decent v-kit

Post by Ankhanu »

I've had a friend's drum kit in my practice room for a couple years, but, he now has room for it at his place and is taking it soon.
While I don't really know how to play them, I'd decided to start learning since the kit is here, and my band has made use of it for practice... so I intend to replace the kit. My first thought was to get something passable for practice and to learn on; I'll never be a great drummer, but I want something that sounds ok, and if I end up playing with a band, chances are any gig I play will have someone else's kit to play. Then, I thought maybe I should look into a decent feeling v-kit instead... that way I can practice/learn with headphones at any given time (I tend to want to play when my daughter is in bed, so don't).

Any of you play/use v-kits? What can be purchased for a reasonable price with heads/pads that feel/bounce like proper skins?
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
StevePirates

Post by StevePirates »

This is an ancient post.

I am primarily a drummer. There are no inexpensive V-kits that feels at all like regular drums.

BUT, v-Drums are still great for learning to play. The main thing I'd recommend is that whatever kit you buy, swap out the snare pad for a mesh head vs. a pad.
Hell is other people.