ESP Stream GT classic

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

speedfish

ESP Stream GT classic

Post by speedfish »

Someone posted these on that other web site, but no love for them over there. Wish they were available on this side of the pond.

8)
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

I want to like them... They have several aesthetics I tend to dig, but exaggerates them in all the wrong ways.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

I like them reminds me of those weird old Yamaha's.
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

dezb1 wrote:I like them reminds me of those weird old Yamaha's.
Rob(OG) made a clone of one of those weird yamahas for James, and it hung really comfortably on its strap. It was so natural feeling.

That said, I like that green one.
sholkham

Post by sholkham »

I like the body shape, just not everything else on the body.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

I like it because it looks like somebody thought out the entire design, even if it's not everybody's cup of tea styling wise. Thanx for posting.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Looks Icemanish to me. I like it.
jcyphe wrote:I like it because it looks like somebody thought out the entire design, even if it's not everybody's cup of tea styling wise. Thanx for posting.
I like it for this reason. Things like the headstock and the truss rod cover. It looks like the sort of thing ESP shouldn't make, and I even like that they've played about a bit with their logo on it.

I also dislike it for this reason. Seeing normal Gibson style knobs, two humbuckers and tuneomatic sort of lets it down, like they got fed up designing things. I know this is silly of me, tuneomatics and humbuckers work brilliantly, but I would nearly prefer it if it had awful pickups and an awful bridge.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Thinking this was probably part of the inspiration:

I second what Bacchus said; I love the body shape....wonderfully strange, but run of the mill where it really matters. That said a Bigsby style trem would look pretty sweet on one of those
paul_

Post by paul_ »

I want to like it but it sucks so I can't.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

I'm all for original designs but this just seems like an iceman with a bunch of random for the sake of random design revisions.
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Bacchus wrote: I also dislike it for this reason. Seeing normal Gibson style knobs, two humbuckers and tuneomatic sort of lets it down, like they got fed up designing things. I know this is silly of me, tuneomatics and humbuckers work brilliantly, but I would nearly prefer it if it had awful pickups and an awful bridge.
ESP especially in Japan is a company that caters to the modern rock/metal crowd. It would be weird if this guitar had specialty single pickups or non standard hardware. So design wise I think it actually makes sense with what they do. Over the years ESP has done some crazy custom stuff, even if it is geared to the metal crowd.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

I think it's probably the headstock that holds me back on the overall design (aside from, yeah, the ho-hum electronics/bridge... I'm with Nick, a Bigsby would help). It kind of reminds me of an I Dream of Genie lamp sort of thing; it's flared a bit too much near the nut, which influences the rest of the curve radius in a way that just doesn't jive to me. With some minor reshaping of the headstock, the whole body/neck/head might gel into something more pleasing.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

I really like the melted-stretched trippy look of these guitars, and of course any neck with big blocks strikes my fancy, so after searching the US, and not finding anything, I sent an email to ESP Japan. Here's what I got back:

Dear Speedfish,

Thank you for sending inquiry.
This guitar is produced on order.
The production lead time is roughly 6 months after entering firm order.
We are receiving order with full amount in advanced payment.
Here is the price quote to you US.
Please let us know.

Product Code :418812
Product Name :STREAM-GT Classic (SPB) w/gigbag : 360,000JPY
Shipping : 12,650JPY (including insurance and handling fee)
Total Amount : 372,650JPY =$3,307.53 US

Payment Method : Bank Wire Transfer
- We do not cover any bank transfer charge and currency exchange fee at our side.
- Please arrange that we will receive full amount.
- Please be noted it will take approximately 2 - 7 business days to confirm your payment with our bank.
Shipping : via EMS

We await your reply.

Thanks and best regards,
Noriaki Sato
Ikebe Musical Instruments Store Co.,Ltd.
Business Hours for Overseas Customers (Mon to Fri / 10:00 to 19:00)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2016 11:27 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: 海外からの問い合わせ [201601181127]

受付日時:2016年 1月 18日 月曜日 11時27分

■海外のお客様からのお問い合わせ

[内容]

Product Name :STREAM-GT Classic (SPB) 【受注生産品】
Payment Methods :Bank Wire Transfer
Comment Question :
Previous Message | Next Message
© 2004-2016 Time Warner Cable Enterprises LLC. All rights reserved. | Advertise with Us | Terms of Use | Web Privacy Policy | Your California Privacy Rights | TWC Subscriber Policies
Time Warner Cable and the Time Warner Cable logo are trademarks of Time Warner Inc., used under license.
(s16)
Last edited by speedfish on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

littlericky

Post by littlericky »

Owes a little to this.
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

Nick wrote:Thinking this was probably part of the inspiration:

I second what Bacchus said; I love the body shape....wonderfully strange, but run of the mill where it really matters. That said a Bigsby style trem would look pretty sweet on one of those
rad but needs more pickups
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

littlericky wrote:Image

Owes a little to this.

Ahhhh! The Washburn A20 or A20V? Would really dig one with a maple cap.
Disciple of Pain