I bought a Microkorg, trying to work it into music...

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

Freethenoise

I bought a Microkorg, trying to work it into music...

Post by Freethenoise »

I recently picked this up for pretty cheap. I've never really played keys before, but with the internet and a few tutorials, anything is possible, right?

It's a little weird making music where the guitar isn't the driving force behind it. I'm pretty pleased with this as a first attempt though.

I wanted to go for just a straight up organ sounding sort of thing, what other sorts of stuff have people been using these for?

[youtube][/youtube]
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Not got one but its all over the Grinderman records
aen
Turdscreamer

Re: I bought a Microkorg, trying to work it into music...

Post by aen »

Freethenoise wrote: I wanted to go for just a straight up organ sounding sort of thing, what other sorts of stuff have people been using these for?
Mostly a strange sort of meditation where I sit in bed with headphones plugged into it, going through the presets and making them into usable sounds. Then I wrtie down the patch locations of a few new ones and try them out in my improv band.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Freethenoise

Re: I bought a Microkorg, trying to work it into music...

Post by Freethenoise »

aen wrote:
Freethenoise wrote: I wanted to go for just a straight up organ sounding sort of thing, what other sorts of stuff have people been using these for?
Mostly a strange sort of meditation where I sit in bed with headphones plugged into it, going through the presets and making them into usable sounds. Then I wrtie down the patch locations of a few new ones and try them out in my improv band.
Sounds like a productive way to kill time.